Thursday 1 November 2007

Get well soon, Pak Lang!

Whenever I feel lonely, I will call my beloved mother. And yesterday was no exceptional. Every time I hear her confident voice, miraculously I feel okay and better. I do not know how to explain this, and I do not think science can do either.

We chatted for almost ten minutes. No... we did not talk about weather anymore! About my recent trip to London and of course about my studies too.

"How many papers have you read so far?"

To those who really knows me well, I have one person, yeap... only person that I could NOT lie to. And this person is my mother.

"Two?" she asked again after a sudden pause from me. I just laughed.

"Two out of?"

Hesitantly, I said the "magic" number - 34.

"Bertuah punya budak!"

Before we finish, my mother broke the news. About my uncle, Pak Lang. He has been admitted since last Monday due to lung problem. She did not tell me how serious Pak Lang is but I can sense it might be serious because according to mother, Pak Lang urgently needs surgery.

"Why don't you give Mak Lang a call?"

Which I did. And Mak Lang sounded so worried. Although Pak Lang is still in the ICU, his condition has stablised and insya-Allah, he will be operated on Friday.

"Sama-sama kita berdoa, ya sayang. Thanks for calling. Mak Lang sayang awak. Jaga diri baik-baik."

After finished the conversation, I sat down on the bench at the bus stop and cried silently. Ya Rabbi, please do not stop blessing us. Aamin.

4 comments:

bencoolen80 said...

May Pak Lang get well soon!! Ameen.

p/s: what do you mean u read 2 out of 34 paper? what paper? newspaper? thesis paper?

Belladonna said...

ArenaUK, terima kasih for the birthday wishes. Semoga your Pak Lang akan sembuh seperti sediakala.

Zetty said...

insya allah semuanya akan selamat.
*hugs*

ukanera arenaku said...

all:
thank you very much for your kind wishes

geli-geli & buas-buas:
some are papers published in academic journals and some are thesis papers.