Wednesday 21 November 2007

Condolence to Mak Lang and family...

I have just lost my beloved uncle, Pak Lang Jailani today.

May Allah bless his soul with rahmat and syufaat and place him among the believers. Aamin.

My condolence to Mak Lang and her children and grandchildren. I am very sorry for your loss.

It was 1986. My mother had just gave birth to my little brother and was in hospital for a few days. My sisters and I were put under the care of Pak Lang and Mak Lang.

I remember that single day very well. The first day I tasted my first mash potato and fried chicken at one of the two KFC outlet in Melaka with the first cousin that I have and her beloved father.

I also remember the day when Mimi's father sent my mother and I to my first state-level pidato (oral) contest in 1995.

I do not know Pak Lang as a father, but Pak is a very, very supportive uncle. He has always supported me in every single thing that I did. Besides my beloved mother and my late grandfather, he was one of a very few people who have nurtured my keen interest on politics.

Every time I visited him, be it during Eid Mubarak or school holidays - he loved to engage me into fruitful discussions. And the topic varies - from, of course, Malaysian politics to socio-economic development to religion. Although I can sensed that he might want to test me at the beginning, but as I grow up I can see the benefit from this exercise and I cannot thank him enough.

Pak Lang was admitted for more than three weeks due lung problem. Although his condition had shown some improvements from time to time, I guess Allah know better what is best for him.

I wish I was there to kiss his forehead. I wish I was there to perform the last prayer for him. I wish I was there to carry his casket. I wish I was there to comfort his beloved wife.

You were (and still are) a good uncle and a good Muslim. May Allah bless my Pak Lang and put him among His believers. Al-fatihah.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

al-Fatihah..semoga roh beliau dicucuri rahmatNya dan tergolong di kalangan orang yang beriman..aminn

Mus The Great said...

my condolonces....be strong for your family and friends ok

ukanera arenaku said...

lee novotny & mus:
thank you very much for your wishes and kind words. i really appreciate it.

izal said...

miron,

i'm sorry to hear about yr uncle...be strong and may Allah bless his soul and be with his believers. Al-Fatihah.

Wadi: said...

Al-fatihah.

The blessings and prayers of Allah's words are all for your belated Uncle.

May I join your family, relatives and friends for this word of condolence. He would sorely be missed.Let us grace our prayers for him.

Sincerely,
Wadi

Zetty said...

*hugs*

ukanera arenaku said...

izal, wadi & zetty:
thank you very, very much.