Monday 19 November 2007

Me and A Productive Weekend

Some may say that it was a cliche of me, wishing all the people that I meet at the end of weekdays (be it thursday or friday) a productive weekend. Like it was a ritual to me. And the other half, I guess, do not even bother.

I always believe that what ever you said or did to other people, will return in the same or similar form to you, sooner or later. If I wish someone well, insya-Allah, good thing will come to me and vice versa.

And I believe I got another productive weekend in this week.

It all started on Friday evening with a dinner with my coursemates - Sarah, Mohammed and Shamel. We went to a Chinese restaurant in the Chinatown. Sarah is a sweet lady from France while Shamel is from Syria. Mohammed is a bit complicated because if I am not mistaken, he is from Sudan but has been living in Canada for so many years now. But in between, he moved around to places - Sudan, Middle East and of course Canada.

I had a seafood fried kway teow while the three of them were having egg fried rice with a special duck dish. We talked a lot about each other countries, and not forgetting poor service that we have been receiving - rude waiter, waited so long for our food and how inappropriate the waiter was to quickly clear up our table as although we were still at our table (which in Malaysia or at least according to Malay custome it is a rude thing to do).

Since Mohammed, Sarah and I were not in the mood to study or to work on our group assignment, we decided to join Shamel and his friends to a bar in Deansgate. We met Ghazwan and his friends in front of BBC - Ruth and three ladies which I forget their names but one from Japan, one from Germany and one from Kyrgystan (is the spelling correct?) - and walked our way to our destination. Unlike the one that my flatmates and I went after our Jati outing, Space was a lot louder, smaller and crampier. I was like shouting throughout my conversation with Ruth and the Japanese lady. We spent time there about two hours and luckily that Shamel has suggested that we called it a day. If not, I might have losing my voice from a non-stop shouting.


Before departing, we made a plan to see The American Gangster tomorrow evening.

Our cinema outing was indeed a bigger group. There were 12 of us and thanks to Sarah for her discount vouchers, we only paid 2 pound each.

I really enjoyed this movie! First of all, Denzel Washington was superb in this film. Although in the middle of the movie I felt like watching a film on business management, but its plot was well constructed and the direction was smooth and full of control. My favourite moment is when the mother confronted the son and slapped him. It was really moving! And I was a bit struggling with a couple of scenes which I think were really violence.

It was raining by the time we went out the cinema. Everybody was really, really wet except for Mesorat, Sarah, Katrina and File, who had umbrellas with them. I guess that was one of the reason that persuaded us to straight away go home.

Alhamdulillah, at least I can get ready for another group discussion at Mohammed's place on Sunday evening.

Currently, I am in my room, trying to kill time for my next appointment with Dini and the birthday boy - Fendy at Muscana Cafe. I just finished my discussion with Sarah and Mohammed.

Well, don't you think that I've had a productive weekend? How about you guys?

3 comments:

Mus The Great said...

Aku mmg pun nak tgk American Gangster tu.....mcm best jer...i read somewhere it's one of the oscar contender for Best Picture

Unknown said...

very productive and very International lah uols! Well done!

Mak nyer weekend pun productive jua..hiks :) Thx for askin'

ukanera arenaku said...

mus:
yeah, i have a feeling the film will receive a good number of nominations.

lee novotny:
where did you guys celebrate Martin's birthday?