Tuesday 27 November 2007

Brothers and Sisters


(Pictures of early autumn in Manchester)

I was really touched by the sermon given at last week's Friday prayer. Although I have heard the gist of it at a couple of mosques in Malaysia, in both forms - Friday khutbah and ceramah, but the one that I heard recently impacted me so much.

It was about brotherhood (and of course, sisterhood too!) and its importance.

It is reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Let not any one of you desert his brother more than three days. They meet and each of them turns away from the other; but the best of the two is the one who starts with the salutation of peace.

The moment I heard the said hadith, spontaneously I remember the four people that I am not in good terms with - LAMS, SRSI, MYR and NMMY.

The imam continued talking about how syaitan manipulated a man's ego, to make him forsaking his brother in faith for more than three days. One of its ways is to forgive but not to forget.

I am sure most of us know about this but somehow or rather, it continues to happen again and again. Well, I guess enough said (if you would like to read more, kindly click this article which was published on IslamOnline.net), lets practise it.

Since I am far away from home, I am going to send an email to each one of them. I am going to apologise for any wrongdoings and to inform them that I forgive and forget any of their wrongdoings to me. Also, I would like to wish them all the best in their future undertakings and may Allah bless all of us with more rahmat, berkat and joy. Aamin.

Yes... the theme for this week is to forgive and to forget. And don't forget to wish me luck!

No comments: