Sunday 4 November 2007

2 Ladies and 3 Gentlemen

Since I am in a situation whereby it is unconducive for me to hold an open house, so I brought my flatmates and a friend from the International Society to a dinner at the Jati Restaurant. I think we are still in the month of Syawal, so it is not too late for another celebration.

At first, I was planning to go to Ning Restaurant in Oldham Street, but most of the food there might be too hot and spicy for the two ladies. So, I brought them to Jati instead. It is within a walking distance from the Manchester Metropolitan University.

Let me introduce my flatmates, Ana from Spain was having some kind of Pattani rice while Christina (Cyprus) was struggling to finish the big portion of Penang fried kway teow. Upon hearing my description of teh tarik as a sweet (it will be even more sweet in Malaysia) tea, Christina opted for a can of Coke while the rest of us were enjoying our small mugs of teh tarik.

Next to me, holding the chopstick is John and he is from Greece and the lad in stripe shirt is Aaron. Aaron is the one from the International Society who helped me carried my heavy luggage to my room when I first arrived in Manchester. He is a third-year student at the School of Medicine of the University of Manchester.

John (well, John is his Greek equivalent name in English) is doing MSc. in Marketing at the Manchester Business School.

John was having fried noodles while Aaron opted for something similar to me - mixed rice. He picked chicken in thai green curry while I took hot and spicy fish curry.

Oh, I forgot to tell you that Ana is reading Master program in Environmental Studies and Development and she is in the same school (School of Environment and Development) as me. Christina, on the other hand, is reading Master degree in Education.

We finished our dinner at about 7.45 with chicken satay (they do not have any Malaysian dessert, only English pudding!!!). Since it was still early, Ana suggested that we stopped at the nearest bar for a drink. We were lepaking at the I-cannot-remember-the-name-of-the-bar-that-next-to-barclays until 10.00 p.m. I guess Christina has yet to recover from yesterday's late night out to a house party, she looked very tired and sleepy throughout our stay there.

John suggested that we called it a day and lets go home. We closed the day with exchanging numbers and facebook IDs and promised to do it again next time. Maybe a trip to the nearest fish and chip shop recommended by Aaron. In fact, it is only a short walking distance from we stay. Insya-Allah...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Aaron!!!! **matilaa merembes!!!!

Jo-Anne said...

hey...u on facebook too eh...

looka80 said...

bagusnyer!

ukanera arenaku said...

jo-anne:
like what a friend of mine said the other day, she and I are everywhere! hehehe.