Tuesday 2 October 2007

What a suprise!


I was surprised to received a mail from Kuala Lumpur and by looking at its squarish envelope, I've a feeling it consists of a greeting card. Raya card? Cannot be... I don't think I've given my UK address to anyone in Malaysia, including my family (well not yet). So, who could it be? Come on... think, think really hard this time.

Without waiting for my mind to make another wild guess, I opened the unglued (another indication that it's a Raya card) envelope and yeah... it is indeed a Raya card, Bank Negara Malaysia's Raya card to be exact. Hmmm... this is weird, but I'm very positive that I've not given my address to anyone in the office, except... could it be someone from HR department, then?

Yes, indeed! My first Raya card that I personally received this year (because I was informed by a colleague of mine that there are a couple of Raya card sent to me using the office address) and it's from the Director of the HR department - Encik Kamari Zaman, who used to be one of my bosses when I was in the previous department. Thank you very much En. Kamari and of course his AA. Terima kasih daun keladi.

Well, I'm sure all the scholars will receive theirs as well (not only me, of course) but it really makes me happy today to be receiving the could-be-my-only-Raya-card. Actually a couple of my friends did ask for my address but I would prefer to receive e-card this year because it will be easier for them and especially for me because I don't know where to get my Raya cards here. At least, if I receive the e-card, I can reply it using e-card as well. Plain and simple.

But I really, really need to get at least one Raya card for my parents. Once again, I'm going to bother my "senior" - Fendy - where to get it as soon as possible because I don't know Abah and Mak to receive my card weeks after the first Syawal.



p/s: I really like the painting on this card and it mentioned at the back of the card that the painting was by Syed Ahmad Jamal, titled Langit dan Bumi II (1998).

4 comments:

Wadi: said...

hey there

It's good to have a greeting card from home. By the Syed Ahmad Jamal is a father of an old friend of mine. His painting is expressive and ironic, at times :)

Mus The Great said...

Miron, what's yr add?...i wanna beat the second raya card you ever received this raya.

Unknown said...

How cute..baiknya hati diorang kan??? Kawan yg jauh pun dilupakan jangan ..:)

Have a nice day uols...take care

tipahvogue said...

haron, u know what...that picca yg ada pada kad raya tu, actually di ambil dari salah satu gambar yang ada kat dalam kafetaria kita...hehehe.. sesapa yg concern jek yang akan perasan bout this thing..ihikss