Monday 22 October 2007

2 "open house"s and a discussion group

Back home, in one of my favourite cities (My top five, in an alphabetical order, are Kuala Lumpur, Kuching, London, Melaka, Paris and Tokyo) I am always looking forward to weekend. There are tonnes of things you can do to fill up your weekend. And if I were to list them down here, I am sure, at the quarter of the list you will, either get bored or annoyed reading this posting (as if my postings have been that interesting all this while!).


Fast forward a month plus later, I am totally clueless on what to do when I opened my eyes on the Saturday morning. I know I have one lunch invitation at Sarah's place and a group discussion at 2.00 pm in preparation for a brief presentation to the class on economic development challenges in the context of Latin American economies.

Well said, I will be (was) productive from 12.30 to 4.30 pm on Saturday.

But how about the other 20 hours? Well, I can use 8 hours for a beautiful sleep but the other 12 hours?

What? The final rugby between South Africa and England. Where? The nearest bar. Whom? Other Ladybarn residents since my flatmates do not fancy rugby.

At first, I have to admit it did sound interesting to me. It will gives me the opportunity to buddy with other people like Ivan (who also in the ICT and Social Development class with me) or the guy from Kazakhstan who I totally forgot his name.

But then I have a second thought when I remembered an old memory of mine about an evening when Manchester United had a game with I-cannot-remember club nine or ten years ago. But that's football, not rugby.

Well... I guess to British, sport will always be sport regardless what type of games. They take it seriously and definitely I am too coward to let myself be surrounded by a bunch of drinking (drunk? I am too stupid to know the difference) people, cheering a game which I do not know almost anything about this game.

So, I guess I should heading to my sanctuary, kill the time by surfing the Internet, heat the pre-cooked meal, light reading, taking my daily 8-hour beauty therapy before get ready for another open house in Rusholme.

Thank you Sarah and hubby for the delicious prawn noodles and thank you very much to Fendy, Ayap and housemates for my second lontong in UK. And not to forget, the lemang (at last)!!! And who cooked those delicious ayam Palembang? I like it very, very much.

Well, that goes my an hour and a half Sunday outing. My God... I really miss my karaoke outing very much!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

hah...omputih kalau dosi masuk pub haruslah kan mabuk mabuk..or at least MERRY... nak nak bila dok tengok RELIGION theyols kat TV - sports esp. football!

Ni dapat lemang at last nih...lemang mana nih?? **pitam!

ukanera arenaku said...

hahaha
lemang pulut lah, cik Lee oii!
saja nak cetus kontroversi
hehehe

Unknown said...

karoeke miron? did u sing lagu "ketentuan ini" ?? mesti takde lagu2 melayu...sedehh sahajorrr...

ukanera arenaku said...

hans:

that pic was taken in Melaka, a few days before coming to Manchester. hehehe.