Saturday 6 October 2007

Bantahan!

God is Great! One of the proofs is us - His greatest creation. He created us in all sizes and colors and alhamdulillah, each one of us has our own taste and preference. To those who really knows me, some (if not most) of my taste and preference are totally different from the mainstream. Some are posh (sikitlah!) and some are kampung. I'm not proud of those poshness and I'm not ashame of those 'kampung'ness. At the end of the day, this is who I am. If you like it... thank you very much. If you don't... I can just pity you.

My beloved mother always says this to me, "Love yourself as much as you love Allah and your mother."

Although I'm a subscriber to National Geographic magazines, I'm not ashame that I read Panca Indera and Bintang Popular. Although I watch Wong Kar-wai's, Mike Leigh's, Lars von Trier's and Uwei Haji Saari's, at the same time I listen to Ramlah Ram, Anuar Zain, Nora, Ramli Sarip, Ning Baizura, Jamal Abdillah and Adibah Noor. I don't feel ashame that I knowledge of international artistes is limited to Roxette, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Robbie Williams and Josh Groban.

Lars von Trier - Danish Filmmaker with great films like The Idiot, Breaking The Waves & Dancer In The Dark

This is simple because I'm different from all of you and vice versa. And what make me and my friends more civilised than a couple of people in a private radio station in Malaysia is that my friends and I respect of each other's taste and preference. Although at some point of time, we got a bit carried away but at the end of day we still managed to put a stop at that and move on. And our golden key is never dictate or impose on others of our views or choices.

But I totally can't understand how a firm run by so-called professionals can simply ignored this common sense and trying to act like policemen - to control what we listen to, to dictate our taste and preference. If they can play a request by my adik for a song by a newcomer with limited vocal capability why can they grant my request for Ketentuan by Ramlah Ram, whose 'kampung'ness showmanship during the opening act of the Voice of Asia competition, had opened the judges' eyes to talents from Malaysia. In that particular year, Ziana Zain brought home our first time win of this singing competition annually held in Kazakhstan.



So, I guess it's timely for me to reset the pre-set frequency on my radio players. I already have Hot.fm, Muzik.fm, Hitz.fm and KlasikNasional.fm, so is it IKIM.fm or Fly.fm? Or Suria.fm? Definitely, not Sirna.fm or Xfresh.fm! Why? Abang borek, adik rintik...


p/s: I append I strong condemnation of Radio ERA's unprofessionalism.

From: arenaKu@gmail.com
To:
azrullah_nor@astro.com.my, webmaster@eraradio.com.my
Cc:
adam@hmetro.com.my, hanizam@bharian.com.my, akmel@bharian.com.my, online@utusan.com.my

Merujuk kepada beberapa artikel di akhbar serta kenyataan balas ERA, saya membantah KERAS di atas tindakan Radio ERA sama ada melarang mahupun melewat-lewatkan penyiaran lagu-lagu nyanyian Ramlah Ram. Tindakan yang kebudak-budakan ini, tidak melambangkan langsung nilai-nilai profesionalisme Radio ERA ke arah memperkasakan seni hiburan tanahair. Apakah ini yangdikesalkan oleh YAB Pak Lah tentang mentaliti dunia ketiga!

Lantaran itu, saya minta agar pendaftaran e-pass saya (untuk laman Astro, Eradan lain-lain) ditamatkan serta merta.


Fallowfield, Manchester.

2 comments:

Mus The Great said...

Miron..aku baru tahu melalui akhbar dan aku baru ingat nak report kat ko..anyway aku 110% setuju ngan ko...so unprofessional of them...very arrogrant and that's why i never listen to them...

Unknown said...

Mak oiii you go boy!!!Sujudsss!!!

Mmg tak professional langsung but whatever it is, hopefully it turns out good for Kak Melah b'coz like I said before - no publicity is bad publicity! :)

Suka Roxette gak hoh??? Mak pun uols!!!! :) **sambil pose pose Fading like A Flower, leyy???