Thursday 27 September 2007

PINK Garlic, Rusholme

It was quite cold (to my standard at least) yesterday. It rained again in the afternoon and got very breezy in the afternoon, slightly before I went out from my flat to go to Rusholme to attend a dinner organised by the Islamic Society.

I saw quite a number of Malaysians there but there was this friendly brother named Zahiran, of course from Malaysia, greeted me with his big smile on his face and asked me whether I was a first year student!

Well, he's not the only to have that idea of me as an undergraduate student (and first year student!) because a couple of Pakistani students also asked the same thing. I guess it may be because of my small frame and youthful look (hehehe).

The dinner finished around 9.00 pm and before I went home, I decided to visit Fendy since I already in his neighbourhood. He said he was doing nothing but listening to music and surfing the Net. He offered me some of his Raya cookies brought from home. My God... banyaknya! I politely declined his generousity since I don't like modern cookies, yeah like Almond London, etc. Anyhow, syukran brother. Syukran.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice iftar ceremony!!! :) Hey tak gi jati ke nak buka posa?? Ke tempat tuh low class for uols??? mak maybe ke sana on Saturday utk buka Posa insyaAllah...