Sunday 9 September 2007

Menghitung Hari

I only have 6 days left to get up, close and personal with my beloved family and friends before I fly to Manchester once again to read a postgraduate degree at the University of Manchester. Like what I've said earlier, I've yet to prepare for my departure and have tonnes and tonnes of things which need my immediate attention before I leave. And time really flies!

Last night, a couple of my friends threw a farewell party for me at an exclusive place in Ampang. A team of four generous lads - Rikke, Ed, Wadi & Izal have been such lovely buddies and they stay with me, both at up and down times of mine. Terima kasih daun keladi, guys! I really appreciate it very, very much and May Allah bless all of you with more rahmat, berkat and joy. Aamin.

The party also gathered 11 wonderful people, which they are beautiful in their own unique ways. I've so touched to see Wadi & Cik Lan troubled themselves in the kitchen preparing those delicious meals.

Seeing their sincereness on their faces made me wonder, what make I deserve this treatment? Have I been a good friend to all of them? Hmmm... I don't think I've the answer to that. What a shame for someone who claim to be a friend of theirs for six years (Rikke) and four years with Ed, Wadi & Izal.

I used to have a jealousy feeling towards Rikke, I don't know, maybe due to my inferiority complex issue. He's smart, gorgeous, loveable & have great love life. How stupid I was at that time to feel threathened by my own close friend.

But one day in October 2005, he said to me a great advice which really, really helped me to overcome one of my biggest challenges in my life. He taught me to be proud of myself, be strong and stand firm by my principles. He's one of a few close friends of mine who without any hesitation, offered my a shoulder to cry on. And alhamdulillah, praise to Allah, I managed to rebuild my integrity @work. Starting from that day, I've promised to myself to be the best friend to these beautiful friends of mine.

While doing this posting @Steven's Corner, I give myself another try... do I deserve this from them? Hmmm...


No comments: