Saturday 22 September 2007

Crucial Guide

At this point of time, Ajoi & Azzril are organising a buka puasa @Graha Residen while I'm spending my afternoon listening to all Jennifer Hudson clips on YouTube in my cozy room. I tried to call Azzril just now but no answer. Maybe he's too occupied with hosting work. Then, I called Ajoi, and thank God, he answered my call. Unfortunately, he didn't recognise my voice and we were like talking to stranger for a minute or two.

The biggest challenge of organising a makan-makan function in our circle of friends is attendance. I think I just pass the issue of punctuality because it's too obvious I guess. Somehow or rather, it's a habit of most of my friends for not confirming their attendance. Most of the time, they prefer to give vague answer, which I tell you, very difficult to differentiate between a YES or a NO answer.

After a couple of experiences with them, I've improved my system to ensure that everybody in a win-win situation. I make sure, no more vague answer to my invitation. This is very important because as a host you need to budget for your event properly - even to petty things like seating arrangement. So that, all invitees have a space for them to sit on, be it on the chair at the dining table, on the couch or on the floor in the living hall.

That is why I prefer to hold important events like house warming party and Eid Mubarak open house in batches. So that I can manage my function efficiently and effectively. The bigger the crowd, the more busy and panic you will be, especially for clumsy people like me.

Let me put the record straight - this has nothing to do with different class/treatment for different friends. I'm sure those who have been with me all this while can verify this claim that I treat all my friends fairly.

Therefore, I really hope that Ajoi and Azzril would still be motivated to arrange for next events although it seems like there is lack of cooperation from a couple of friends, but trust me... it is worthwhile to include them in your future get together thingy.
Last but not least, some pictures of my room:


And a view from my room. I know, not a lovely sight, especially those recycle cages and bins. Anyhow, I've to live with it my whole year here.


p/s: The title is borrowed from 2007 Postgraduate crucial guide: An essential guide for students at Manchester.

8 comments:

reenazack said...

sayang,
as always, only the usual people turned up.. berlambak food extra.. but we had fun anyway.. Aril masak ayam masak merah yang sedap but pedas.. I walloped jugak.. Hafez's mee mandung was marvellous!! Ajoi masak daging masak kicap yang finger licking good that i cannot tahan but tapau bawak balik.. Nyum Nyum..
Mus bawak errr.. perut sendiri? hehehehe.. I told them already, don't put so much hope on the other group to come but i guess they just tried to be optimistic n give it another try..hehehehehe.

reenazack said...

by the way, tak sejuk ker tak pakai baju tuh? u look very exotic.. nyum nyum.. hehehehe

Wadi: said...

Hey there,

On behalf of Fahmy and I, I would like to extend a sincere apology of not able to making ourselves there. A friend of mine from the UK, arrived Malaysia a day before and we had arranged his itinerary for his one week stay here, for the past one week back. So, that night four of us, together with Alden (my Chevening friend who studied in Cambridge) brought him to Hulu Langat look out point, after breaking the fast at my home and headed directly to KL for a short tour. Nevertheless, I duly hope that my appropriate decline of the invitation would not tarnish my intention to being in your lovely friends' future gathering and get together. what more at your place, as I have not stepped there yet. Sorry, once again.

Cheers and take care!

Mus The Great said...

eh!...semalam tu supposed to be a 'keramaian' ker?...tak tahu pun...as usual i selalu blurr kan...i ingatkan weekend usual get together...anyhow i had a great time tau...let this be in the record ye reena.

Hafez Zahruddin said...

Memang banyak makanan lebihan. Ajoy masak nasi ntah berapa pot ntah. Aku rasa masih ada lagi 3 suku periuk kat rumah tu. Mee kuning yang aku bawak pun masih berbaki setengah container = 2 bungkus mee. Sebagai taktik untuk tidak membasuh tupperware, aku tinggalkan je bekas bekas kat graha... mUahaahaha. I bet Ajoy is scratching his head at this moment thinking of what to do with those baki makanan. Buat breakfast ke Ajoy?

Zetty said...

aiyoh,
gambar separuh bogel.

hihihhi.

ukanera arenaku said...

gatal sgt, pi bukak heater... tu yg panas Ya Rabbi...

how sure ru, zetty that i was separuh bogel or totally nude? hehehe

Zetty said...

*gasp*