Friday 15 August 2008

WCOPA 2008

I found this clip on Youtube, a rehearsal session for the final of Pop category in the World Championship of Performing Art 2008.

I was informed that Noryn Aziz from Malaysia won this category, after beating off a stiff competition from Andrew Clarke of Jamaica and Rose Marielle Mamaclay of the Philippines.

Personally, I think both Noryn and Andrew sang beautifully in this clip. Nevertheless, Miss Mamaclay, to me, was more like screaming than singing. It was powerful indeed, yet not too soothing in my ears. Don't get me wrong, she definitely has lots of potential, but I wish you could show some sort of voice control. May need to watch how Jennifer Hudson learned to master her voice control.

What you guys think?





p/s: Andrew Clarke was named the overall winner - 2008 GRAND CHAMPION PERFORMER OF THE WORLD.

4 comments:

Harris Shah Abd Hamid said...

hehhe... bengkek la pinoy yg memperleceh penyanyi2 malaysia.

looka80 said...

badril - noryn aziz is just an average singer. in my opinion lah. but good for her for winning! way to go girl..

ukanera arenaku said...

harris: they even said that theirs are much better than whitney houston, mariah carey or celine dion. what a joke!

sham:
her tone isn't unique, but i like to see how relax she was during her singing. oh, God... i wish i have my Adibah Noor with me now!

jejaka anggun said...

hey....
congrats to norin!