Thursday 13 December 2007

The Unsung Superhero

I have a gift or should I call it a talent. A supernatural talent I guess. And you won't get to see my special power on any supernatural characters on Heroes. Would you believe it if I say that I know the future. Well, mine is not as same as Hiro Nakamura because I don't travel to the future.

I just sit at my working table and within seconds, I will know the future. But there is a small, tiny limitation to my special talent. Well, the scope is, unfortunately, limited to my own future. In other words, I can't tell the future of other people but me. This straight away rule out the possibility of me being a fortune-teller. Thank God for that because I don't think I'm ready to go against the stereotype of fortune-tellers, especially those that we have in Malaysia. Or should I say that I can't picture myself sit down by the pathway at the corner of Masjid Jamek LRT station, accompanied by a green parrot and a set of daun terups.

And I was not surprised at all to find out that everything turned out as what I've predicted earlier this morning. I've finished another four episodes of Ally McBeal from the first season. I laughed out loud when Ally and Georgia were almost get arrested while rushing a container of fresh sperms from a life-time prisoner to a ovulating woman. I really hope I did not disturb Ana, John or Christina with their work. This week is the crucial week for us because it is our final week of this semester. And I also cried when Seymore Little was outburst in tears, declaring his long lasting love towards his six years old death wife.

Here I am, the victim of my own choices. And I'm just starting.

Well, anything to shout out because we or at least myself, have lots and lots of thing to read, to write and to submit but in, more or less, a month from now. I've done two and five more to go.

I ran out to the next block Sainsbury's and brought home satsumas, ice-cream and pineapple juice. Then I lent my ears to another few arounds of my playlist of the week, which is a collection of my 51 all time favourite numbers such as P. Ramlee's Tunggu Sekejap and Engkau Laksana Bulan, Menyemai Cinta Bersamamu (Nora), Siapa Yang Bersalah (Ramlah Ram), Keabadian Cinta (Anuar Zain), Aku Kehilanganmu (Francisca Peter), Penghujung Rindu (Jamal Abdillah), Beradu Di Khayalan (Siti Nurhaliza), Lara (Ziana Zain), Memori Bahagia (Sahri), Camar Yang Pulang (Aishah), Terasing (Sudirman) and Wajah Siapa Di Hatimu (Azlina Aziz).

He's a great songwriter. What a pity to realise it only now!

There is another three hours before I go to bed and I'm still struggling to go to the third page of my coursework. I know for sure that today is not going to be a productive one for me. Wait... did I just tell you about my supernatural gift? Didn't I say I have coursework to do, did I?

Errrrr... &^%$!



p/s: Do enjoy the rough trailer of Yasmin Ahmad's latest film, Muallaf.

5 comments:

Mus The Great said...

aiyo, pls pls pls pls bawak balik DVD Ally Mcbeal tu bila ko balik tahun depan...i miss her soooo much..more so bila ko update pasal dia selalu kat blog ni hah...gempar lah jugak

Zetty said...

hihhihi, tak tahan tu description of typical fortune teller in malaysia. ada jugak yg letak lilin la, kain kuning la.

Brecht said...

hi B, i am a HUGE fan of ally mcbeal and hv a box set of the entire seasons = ) hv watched them all, and enjoyed every bit of it! so enjoy watching the rest ok ; ) Hugs for a gd weekend.

zafi said...

Ally mcbeal always fun and happening!
erm...especially ally's fantasy
BTW best of luck with ya task and dont forget to use your super power bro... :)
jya

ukanera arenaku said...

mus:
don't worry, Mus. I will.

zetty:
hehehe, nak guna kemiyan tak?

mush:
thank u. I finished the first season and insya-Allah will try to finish the second and third before buying the fourth and fifth.

zafi:
thanks for stopping by. I will. hehehe.