Saturday 1 December 2007

One-more-time effort

One of my plans while in this country is to build up a collection of my favourite CDs and DVDs. I did once in late 90s with a handsome collection of CDs (and singles too) by Madonna, Whitney Houston and Britney Spears and VHS videos of my favourit filmmakers like Mike Leigh, Lars Von Trier, Ang Lee, Zhang Yimou, Krzysztof Kieslowski, Satyajit Ray and Akira Kurosawa.

However, due to a circumstance which cannot be disclosed because of a personal reason, I "lost" buck of my CD collection, including CDs by Ning Baizura and the debut album by Liza Aziz!

While in Malaysia, I have started to add my CD rack with albums by Ning Baizura, Ramlah Ram and Nora and I'm still searching for Hati Ini by Liza Aziz. Anyone knows how can I get a copy of this album?

Since last month I have been making small purchases on earlier materials by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey, especially their debut albums. Gosh, I'm so late-80s-early-90s Popish person!

And today, while I was struggling to do my assignments, Ana knocked my room door. She passed a package. Looking at the label, I straightaway know that it's the debut album by Mariah Carey, which I bought last month. It took almost a month for me to get hold of this CD.

According to an email sent by the management of 101CD.com that I received two weeks ago, the delay was because they have to wait for a new stock from the distributor.


Well, I'm not going to complain because I got it cheaper than HMV and Virgin, and this highest selling female R&B debut album, besides #1's, contains the most of favourite songs in any studio albums by this DIVA. And my top 5 are as follows:

5. There's Got To Be A Way (Mariah Carey, Ric Wake)
4. Love Takes Time (Mariah Carey, Ben Margulies)
3. Someday (Mariah Carey, Ben Margulies)
2. Vision of Love (Mariah Carey Ben Margulies)
1. I Don't Wanna Cry (Mariah Carey, Narada Michael Walden)

a long, long time ago


a DIVA now

7 comments:

Unknown said...

God..how I miss her old type of songs..not the new R&B shite..:P

Mus The Great said...

O God, I LOVEEE Mariah no matter what genre of music she chooses, she's the only TWO true DIVAs in any sense (the other is Whitney)

so Lee, pls save your comment. i sentap tau!!

izal said...

go mariyah go...tetap melethoppp dari dulu sampai kini...luv her voice...

Unknown said...

Dun care..tetaplah kan mak skerr lelagu dia yg lelama, leyy?? hahahahahaa

Mus The Great said...

Thanks Izal...i love you too

ukanera arenaku said...

lee novotny:
her emancipation of mimi has a couple of songs which similar to her earlier tunes.

mus & izal:
did you guys went to Whitney Houston's concert in Kuala Lumpur? any comments?

fajar said...

beli kat mana? kalau nak murah, bid je kat ebay. pernah beli cd kat situ for 1 pound je. walaupun used, tp still in mint condition!

skrg ni pun tgh buat cd collection. dok sini, lg gila, sbb cd murah2. esp yg second hand la kan. hahaha