Monday 17 December 2007

My second day in Dublin

Dublin is the fastest growing city in Europe. At least, that was what I heard from the driver of the city tour that I took today. One tip from me, to anyone who will be coming to Dublin alone, better get on to any of the hop-in-hop-off tour buses. It saves time, convenient and you can take as many rides as you wish.

At first, I had this ambitious plan to go around Dublin all by myself, of course using the one-pass bus ticket. Unfortunately, the weather was a bit harsh on me, I guess, and I started to get rashes on my body. Oh, my God. Not again... and not when I'm in a foreign country.

I quickly got myself a bottle of mineral water, straight away got into the office of Dublin Bus. I calmed myself and tried very hard not to think about it. I made myself busy reading the bus timetable and some of the brochures on tour packages available.

Twenty minutes gone, and half of the rashes had gone. I walked out the office slowly and jumped onto the next available bus.

For the first round, I just sat quietly on the lower deck and just tried to familiarise myself the city of Dublin. Besides the Dublin Castle, I guess Dublin is just about churches and Guinness (at least from what I evident from this tour). They have so many churches and cathedrals. And how can I forget that Dublin is the birth place of Guinness.

For the second round, I decided to be on the upper deck. This time around, I braved myself to get my hands out, in cold weather to man my Olympus camera. I must say that Dublin is indeed a clean city, much much more cleaner than Manchester. It reminds me the cleaniness of Kuching, Kuantan and of course, Melaka. But Dublin scored higher mark with their proper signature and cleaner river.

I tried to find Momo's, the restaurant that was recommended by an Arab guy, the owner of the cyber cafe just opposite the cosy Shinning Hostel. As I was wandering around, I saw this restaurant called The Chinese and Malay restaurant. Wow, not bad because they serve nasi lemak and laksa and other Chinese-styled noodles and fried rice. Unfortunately, there is no sign of halal meat. So, I kept looking for Momo's. I saw two more halal kebab restaurants but there is no sign of Momo's. Since the day was getting darker, I decided to enter any halal restaurant I find next. And the lucky restaurant is The Sultan. I ordered myself special chicken kebab meal. After that, I had another round of city tour and this time I sat quietly in the lower deck.

Before calling it a day, I stopped by at the gift shop to find some sourveniers to bring home.

I really can't wait to fly to Frankfurt tomorrow and hopefully, my journey to Frankfurt will be as smooth as mine in Dublin. I will upload some pictures once I returned to Manchester.

Meantime, I will try to continue reading John Grisham's The Innocent Man.

6 comments:

izal said...

seronok nya belajar sambil dpt melawat negara org kan....cepatlah upload pics, tak sabar nak tgk..:)

izal said...

miron, forgot to tell u that azmir has just got married to a model last wk....melethopp..reception was held at dewan perdana felda..

Brecht said...

very gd tip for us future travellers to Dublin = ) Hope u will enjoy the rest of your europe trip B! Looking forward to the photos....

Zetty said...

seha kat dublin la. naper tak contact dia?

fajar said...

so, bole la singgah glasgow. ;)
hehehe

ukanera arenaku said...

izal:
ada ambil gambar tak? oklah tu, dua2 sama padan.

mush:
thanks but it was so cold. i totally gave up to take my hands and camera out from my pockets on the last day in Frankfurt. itu yg tak berapa byk gambar tu.

zetty:
itu lah pasal, sombong. ingatkan taknak susahkan sesiapa. last2 sendiri yg menyesal. rugi 3x!!!

fajar:
insya-Allah, but maybe in spring or summer kot. pakcik tak tahan sejuklah. hehehe.