Monday 17 December 2007

Guten Tag, Frankfurt!

The Frankfurt Main Train Station


Thank God, I've safely arrived at the Frankfurt-hann airport this morning. Lets not getting too excited yet because I need to catch a coach to go to Frankfurt-main, yes, the financial metropolis of Germany.

Frankfurt is really cold right now, and as what mentioned by the pilot after the successful landing, the temperature for Frankfurt today will be in the range of -1 and -3 celcius. The one-hour journey to the city of Frankfurt-main gave a different look and surrounding. It's so good to find out a different design type of houses in Frankfurt from the one in the UK and Eire. Oh, yeah... I forgot to mention that the drivers drive on the left. If I can draw my past experience in Paris correctly, the French drive on the left too. And I saw the wind turbines too. Could we have these in Malaysia, Pak Lah?

My hotel is only about 100m from the Frankfurt Main Train Station. Guess what we have next door? Hehehe... Sex shop!!! Well, I'm still not sure whether to give it a try or not. From the look of it, I have a feeling it's going to be different from the one in Manchester or London. From those tempting posters outside the shop, it has live shows, film screening and gift shop, etc. I don't know... the 'trauma' that I got from the Pat Pong outing 2 years ago still fresh in my mind. Furthermore, I'm alone this time. So, better be a little bit conservative. Well, I still have two more days in Frankfurt. And didn't they say "people change", did they?.

I got myself a room shared by six people and so they are only three of us - two girls from the States (I've met Amanda who's from Colorado but not the other one). And the best thing is, we have our own shower in our room. Unlike my cozy hostel in Dublin, this time I'm given a towel. Hooray!

A quick walk around the hostel, I saw more sex outlets. My God! I guess, You are really testing me this time. Again, the PC in this cyber cafe doesn't have the bluetooh function. Sorry guys, you have to have until I return to Manchester to the beautiful pictures of me.


to be continued...

5 comments:

zafi said...

aha what a nice trip?
wind turbines? where you want to put those stuff in Malaysia...? huhuhuhu
i like your last sentence "the beautiful pics of me" instead of the place you visit.LOL...
hey enjoy ur day!
Take care!

izal said...

miron, beli aku fridge magnet yg cun boleh tak...

Zetty said...

pegi jek la beb masuk kedai2 tu...lawatan sambil belajar, katanya hehe.

nanti balik kita knowledge sharing la.

Unknown said...

Hah area hauptbanhof (train station) kat Frankfurt tuh mmg sarang pelachoran, drug addict dan sex shops segala uols..so hati hati skett..tang sex shops tuh setahu mak kebanyakannya pasang video with private cabins kot **oopsss!!!!

Anyway hope u had fun and selamat hari raya aidiladha!

ukanera arenaku said...

zafi:
i know... but those turbines look so damn cool! I don't mind if the government want to erect one next to my apartment in cheras. hehehe.

izal:
insya-Allah.

zetty:
harus... hehehe
but not as shocking as the one in bangkok. that was so degrading lah, especially the ping pong ball act.

lee:
wah, tahu je. kampung jugak ke? hehehe