Friday 11 July 2008

Cambridge Trip, Graduation and Happy Birthday, Proton!

I know... I have so many issues for this post.

First of all, it's regarding a trip to Cambridge. I was planning to pay a friend of mine a visit, tentative in early August. Unfortunately, my dissertation is not progressing as per my plan. Therefore, I'm forced to reschedule this trip to a later day.

Although Lee (yeap, he's the subject I'm currently referring) has given a flexibility at his end, but I'm afraid I can't be certain on when the next date would be. I'm totally aware that Lee is indeed a very busy person. More often than not, either he flies to places in continental Europe or frequents to London for a relaxing and enjoyable weekend.

Coincidentally, the resident club of my hall is organising a day trip to Cambridge too! It's this Saturday and costs only 3 pound sterling for an adult. Hmmm...



Let me sleep on it again and hopefully I could make up my mind soon, very soon.

Fendy and Dini will be officially graduating this afternoon. The girl is so clever! She and Sharil got first class while Fendy got 2:1 and all three will be conferred with Master degree in Mechanical Engineering.

Insya-Allah, I'll try my best to be there to celebrate this joyous moment of my adik-adik. Fendy's parents are here together with the parents of Farid (Ayap) and Izwan (Fir). I've met the parents of the latters but not Fendy's.





The above banana split was what I had at Thai Banana, a Thai restaurant opposite my hall. Both Dini and Fendy had nice buffet, not too lavish and too stingy. And it was reasonably priced too.

I hope we could come here again this Sunday. But... I just realised that I've promised to Shamel (my classmate from Syria), Frode (Sweden), Bolot (Kazakhstan) and Fusi (Cameron) that I will join them for a football game this Sunday. Me and football? Hehehe... it doesn't feel right, does it? Oh, my... I'm sure all of them will laugh at my kaki-bangkuness, big time!

Argh... we only die once, aren't we? What the heck!

Oh yeah, last Tuesday was the birthday for Malaysia's national car company, Proton. Happy 23rd Birthday, Proton. I hope Proton will make us proud one day. And I shall wait for that one fine day...

2 comments:

izal said...

happy birthday to me oso...we both born in 1985.

we're sharing the same year!! OMG..how come i dun realize bout this!

cambridge for 3 pound? grrr...

nice food & frens u're having!!

ukanera arenaku said...

happy birthday... wait a minute! aren't ur birthday in june?

it was subsidised i guess because non-residents pay 10 pound. but, still a huge bargain!