Thursday 11 February 2010

Too Many 4D Adverts on Harian Metro!

Date: 10 February 2010
Subject: Too much 4D adverts on Harian Metro
To: musomar@hmetro.com.my, aghafar@hmetro.com.my, daeng@hmetro.com.my, joe@hmetro.com.my, yaacob@hmetro.com.my

Dear Sidang Pengarang HM,

Salam.

I would like to lodge my dismay on your business decision to publish too many 4D advertisements in your publication. As for today's Harian Metro, there are 4 pages of such advertisements (as per attachments). Eventhough it brings in good income to your business, I would expect your paper to, at least, have a social responsibility to your readers, which I believe that majority of them are Malays and Muslims. And I do not think such advertisements would do any benefits to them.

Or, it is a signal of your unwritten commitment to these gambling-related businesses to target to bulk of your readers.

If I'm not mistaken, gambling is prohibited by all religions (but I'm not so sure about paganisme) in this country. At least, that should also be taken into consideration in your decision-making pertaining to what advert to publish and what not.

In this regard, I really disappointed with this so-called Akhbar Harian Bahasa Malaysia No. 1.

Thank you.

--
Yours sincerely,
- me -
Pandan Perdana, Kuala Lumpur

4 comments:

Zetty said...

jika Harian Metro tak letak ad 4D..kat mana la makcik nak cek nombor apa yg naik hari-hari?

*laaaaarriiiiii*

tungkai said...

Bukan ke Metro banyak cerita seks..?? Try tengok frontpage diorg..

Harris Shah Abd Hamid said...

Congrats on your action. That is very brave of you. I hope the people at Harian Metro have spines as strong as yours.

ukanera arenaku said...

zetty: amboi... naik tak ur numbers? hehehe.
wan: totally agree. seks dan kes bunuh. rasa mcm tak selamat lak.
pak alang: oh, my... u're getting married. insya-Allah, kalau takde halangan, sampailah teman.