Tuesday 23 February 2010

Chocolate, Anyone?


Some said, if you're depressed, eat chocolate. If you're happy, eat chocolate too!

Betul ke?

Are we so obsessed with chocolates?

I remember telling my friends about going to Langkawi last year. After that, I received three orders from them to buy chocolates. They said chocolates in Langkawi are cheaper and worthwhile buying. Is it true?

A similar thing happened in 2008, a couple of weeks before I returned home from Manchester. Chocolates and, of course jerseys.

"Make sure you buy enough chocolates for your aunts and cousins," my mother reminded me.

"But not dark chocoloate, please. It's too bitter and none of your cousins like it," she added. To cut things short, I spent almost 200 pound sterling for chocolates alone.

And the funny thing is I found out later Toblerone costs cheaper in Tesco stores here in Malaysia than the one I bought in Manchester. Thanks for WTO and globalisation, I guess no one can tell the difference because it uses the same packaging.

So, the next time when you're about to order chocolates from Langkawi, make sure you've checked your nearest Tesco or Carrefour store.

Anyhow, are you still in the mood for chocolate?

1 comment:

Brecht said...

hey B, i live in the Capital of Chocolate land! Jadi dari tak suka sampai tersuka dengan chocolate, there are so many types, sampai bila2 pun tak boleh habis tasting all sorts here.... so i hv learnt how to appreciate chocolate and what it does to one soul! ; ) hope u r enjoying yours too....