Monday 22 February 2010

A Sunday With Anak-anak Baitul Hidayah


I'm so happy that my neighbour Yusof Mansor invited me to join him and his friend to an orphanage home in Puchong yesterday.

There are 18 boys aged between five and 11 years old. They live there with the family of Ustaz something something (oh, my... I really bad with names, kan!) and they're all adorable.

We brought along some groceries and spent the whole day playing with them.

We started with art lesson, which was led by Yusof Mansor of course! So that you know I'm not good in drawing. In fact, that was the only subject that I've failed in my primary school days. When it comes to colours, I tell you, these kids are more talented than myself. I'm impressed with their raw talent in matching colours!

Then, we talked to them about their ambitions. Most of them have common answers - either to be a teacher or a policeman. But one kid told me that he wanted to be a pilot, so that he could fly his single mother all over the world. Ah, so sweet, kan!

Besides praying together, I also joined them playing board games. Should I bring Boggle for my next visit? Or the game is too hard for children?

We wanted to play badminton after Asar prayer, but Yusof Mansor got a call that said his younger sister had just gave birth to a baby boy. So, we rushed to Hospital Putrajaya to pay a visit.

Oh, my... they really need to do something with the road signage in Putrajaya. It took us quite some time to arrive at the hospital. Itu pun, selepas dua tiga panggilan telefon untuk meminta arah.

And this is Putrajaya, the administrative capital of Malaysia! Tapi, apa-apa pun Putrajaya memang cantik!

2 comments:

Zetty said...

putrajaya puya signage banyak...tapi yelah, typical, kot tak sembunyik belakang pokok...sure confusing giller2.

ukanera arenaku said...

mmg confusing :(