Tuesday 2 September 2008

Selamat berpuasa!

It's Ramadhan month again. Alhamdulillah, many thank to Allah, for giving another chance to experience another Ramadhan. Selamat berpuasa to Mush and family in Gent, Pak Alang in Loughborough and all my family members and friends, wherever you are.

Today is the second day of fasting, and it's my first time in eight years fasting with my aunt and her family in London. This early morning, we had a nice curry and ayam berlada, cooked by my uncle, Tuk Din. For our first buka puasa, I bought a big box of fresh and natural cream puffs from Beard Papa's. I didn't know that it's Tuk Din and Auntie Midah's favourite, if not, I've had bought another extra box.

Anyhow, will be going home to Manchester this afternoon, therefore, will do iftaar and sahur on my own for the next five or six days.

And today is the birthday of my beloved younger sister, Lia. She's currently in Sintok, doing her practical training at one of the secondary schools in Kedah. Happy birthday, Lia! Good luck in your undertakings and may Allah bless you with more rahmat, berkat and joy. Aamin. And thank you for being a cool and supportive sister.

Like I said earlier, there was a carnival last Saturday and my uncle had a stall there, selling his infamous char kway teow and mee goreng mamak. There were a couple of jejak kasih scenes, whereby I met, among others, Azuan (who I last met in Summer 2000), his surgeon wife and his cute little boy.

The weather was so nice and we had a good crowd too. I did take some pictures for your viewing pleasures.


















Since I will be a bit occupied for the next few days, with the submission of my dissertation (printing, binding, etc.) and might not have time for blogging, I would like to extend my birthday wishes to Mus, who will be celebrating his second birthday in his 30s. Good luck in your future undertakings, and semoga berbahagia with your family and TTM. Hehehe...

5 comments:

izal said...

sedap ke makanan melayu dekat sana bro...? sama cam kat msia ke?

tungkai said...

Woww...meriahnya..Nak join buleh..??

Mus The Great said...

wah!perlu ker mention TTm kat sini.hehe.Anyway thanks for the wish dude!

Harris Shah Abd Hamid said...

nampak meriah carnival tu. sampai terbau2 kuey teow goreng. Ramadhan mubarak.

ukanera arenaku said...

izal: can't say much because I only ate wadee (Indian donut alike), my uncle's super delicious char kway teow and tasty nasi lemak from Mak Andak stall.

wan: boleh... lets plan for next year's visit. hehehe.

mus: r u still in Kulai?

harris: thanks for the wishes. how's ur fasting in Loughborough?