Thursday 25 September 2008

10% Oh 10%!

At last, the MPP of UiTM had met with Selangor Menteri Besar to discuss from heart to heart the issue on allocating 10% of the university's new intakes to non-Malay Malaysians and foreign students.

According to Malaysiakini, the head of the MPP delegation, Luqmannulhakim was quoted saying that "cadangan Tan Sri Abdul Khalid itu tidak kena dengan masanya berdasarkan situasi semasa golongan bumiputera yang belum dapat bersaing dengan pelajar bukan bumiputera".

I do not know you guys, but I personally think this is an insult to me. When I read my master degree not long ago, there was a non-Malay Malaysian in my class who got there on a British Chevening scholarship. Guess what, her marks for most of the subjects were lower than mine. And I still remember how well my senior, Amelia Alias from Sekolah Menengah Sains Muar, outperformed some of the brainiest non-Malays who attended my school with no less than 8A1 (now it is confusingly 1A, instead of A1) in SRP (sorry... no PMR at that time!).

I wonder what some of my friends who graduated from UiTM would think of this statement by Luqmannulhakim. Believe me, they (yeap, I'm talking about my friends)are as qualified and knowledgeable as the rest of us.

4 comments:

tungkai said...

I think that guy need to grow up & get a life instead of being a "katak bawah tempurung"

Harris Shah Abd Hamid said...

Tak mampu bersaing dari segi apa? Dalam mengguna handphone masa kuliah? Bersaing dlm kadar ponteng kelas? Bersaing dlm tiru coursework? Bab itupun dah 'maju' jugak golongan bumiputera nih....

Yg bangga belajar di Times' University of the Year 2008/08.

bencoolen80 said...

true. i agree with you.it's just pathetic. benda2 cam ni memang melemahkan bangsa sendiri. selagi ada mahkluk yg ckp melayu malas, miskin, lembam dll, selagi itu all these negative elements etched in the brains of the Malays hence taking effect subconsciously. apa yg kita fikir dan diulang berkali2, akhirnya akan menjadi!!

Hafez Zahruddin said...

Aduh, berisinya isu, terlalu berisi ku rasa berat sekali nak disumbat dalam kepala.