Sunday 15 June 2008

A weekend in late spring 2008

It has been quite some time from the last time I used to hang around with my adik-adik. Last night, we went out for a late supper at the Montana Cafe. Each one of them was very excited to go home after four years in Manchester. And their graduation ceremony will be held next month. Some will be going home in July and some in August. And everyone is so excited to earn real money from a real job!

They really remind me of me! At about this time eight years ago, I've started emailing my resume to a total of 4 companies - PWC, Renong, Public Bank and Bank Negara Malaysia. Thank God, all four companies called me for an interview and three of them offerred me a job.

"You only applied for 4 companies?", asked one of them.

Yeap, because I strategically think, at that point of time, I could sell myself BEST to these firms and have very high level of confidence that I will get the post. That was after I went through the list of employers in the Graduan, for hundred times and made a couple of stages of shortlisting my top 5. The other one that I didn't send in is Petronas, due to personal belief.

I'm so happy to find out that some of my adik-adik have already got unconditional job offers. Congratulations, guys. To others, best of luck and break a leg!

Another 2 cent from me is don't quickly spend your first salary for the down payment of your car and NOT too excited with the credit cards offerred those commission-hungry sales people.


Dini, Acap & Fendy


Sharil & Isma


Me & Danial


p/s: NOT in the pictures are Ayap & Izuan. On Sunday morning, I joined Fendy, Ayap and Sharil to the carboot sale in Burnage. Unfortunately, we forgot to take picture.

4 comments:

fmac said...

PETRONAS?!!! hahahaha...ok ok.. wont ask more

Unknown said...

Carboot sale!!! Hahahah student yaamat! :) **matilaa mak dolu dolu!

izal said...

fendy & isma...i think i know them....but not that close..

ukanera arenaku said...

fmac:
hehehe, will tell when I meet you in KL.

lee:
i love its ambience! and plus i bought john grisham's the broker for 20p and howard's end dvd for 75p. don't fancy other things like clothes because i don't buy clothes when i can't see myself in a mirror. no mirror no buy! hehehe.

izal:
really? hmmm... one is from kuantan and another one is from alor star or something.