Sunday 1 June 2008

The child inside me

Although I'm still NOT over of the vacation mood, I guess it's timely to stop bragging about my travelling for a while and start writing about other important stuff. Like what? How about Amy Winehouse and her baby mice awful dedication to her hubby (have they married?) or Sharon Stone's untasteful remark about the earthquake in China was a karma for China's mistreatment to Tibet.

Guys... initially, I was supposed to join another trip with friends - Dini, Fendy, Fir & Ayap, from yesterday to 8 June 2008. A trip to 4 cities of Italy, namely, Venice, Florence, Naples & Rome. Due to other crucial commitment, my friends only made the decision at the very last minute and during that time I was away (if I'm not mistaken, in Barcelona) with Nurul and Wan on my part II of Europe Tour. By the time I was informed about the decision (I was in Glasgow that time), the flight tickets were almost 200 pound sterling for outbound flight from Liverpool and inbound flight from Rome. After a careful consideration, I decided NOT to join the trip, but to buy some time to plan properly for my next part of Europe Tour.

So, now I'm in Manchester, in my room NOT knowing what to do besides improvise my dissertation outline and plan.

Last night, I went to my friends' place in Rusholme with the intention to catch the live telecast of Britain's Got Talent 2. Before knocking on their door, I stopped at the nearest pizza take away to get myself a 12-inch pizza with 3 toppings - chicken tikka, pepperoni & pineapples. To my surprise, the show had started at 6ish and by the time I reached the house, it's almost time for result. All of my friends missed all the acts of the finalists since they've just returned from a barbecue party in Old Trafford.

I'm sure some of you have already known the result by now, the winner of the season 2 of Britain's Got Talent is...






George Sampson performed in front of Arndale Shopping Centre, Manchester


What I'm impressed the most about last night final is the fact that it's the kids who stole the show with their professionalism despite of their raw and unpolished talents. They handled the crowd and most importantly, the critism from the judges, extremely well! According to Simon Cowell, they, especially the Checky Monkeys, behaved much better than the adults. In addition, they didn't look nervous (if they were, they managed to hide it wonderfully) at all.

Talent-wise, all the finalists were not comparable with last year's winner, Paul Potts who's exceptionally great. Anyhow, from showbiz perspective, a couple of acts this year are amazingly commercial and filled with likeable factor. And these acts I'm talking about are from kids with wonderful stories attached to them.

From busking in Manchester city centre, George Sampson's never give up attitude although he'd been rejected in last year's contest, proved worthwhile of all the struggle


I wonder if those emotional rendition of Pie Jesu were a true reflection of Andrew Johnston's pain of being bullied at school


I wish I have the cheekiness and full of confidence shown by Charlie and Krista


The 12 year old Faryl Smith really makes some of the current artistes amateur



Note: The above 4 pictures were taken from the official website of Britain's Got Talent.







3 comments:

izal said...

was that halal pizza? how to know that?

Unknown said...

We thought Faryl & Andrew stood up much better than the others (although STRIKE was owhhhh gorgeousness factor!! **drool!)..but well done to George..he's so talented for his age and so cute! :)

ukanera arenaku said...

izal:
i bought it from a halal takeaway in rusholme. lots of halal restaurants and takeaways in this so called the curry mile. anyhow, thanks for your kind concern.

lee:
both faryl & andrew were equally talented and superb. the show would be much better if jeremy the footballer was in the final too.