Friday 4 April 2008

Twin Towers & Intai2

After being separated for more than a week, my classmates and I were reunited in Kuala Lumpur. A day before Craig, Amira, Claudia and Yasmin were at the National Park for a couple of nights in the 130 million years old rainforest, the oldest in the world. While they embarked on a bus journey to Kuala Lumpur, Susan decided to spend a couple of days in Cherating.

We met at the Suria KLCC at about 10.30 am to collect our passes for the Twin Towers Skywalk. Since we were give the 6.15pm slot, I decided to bring them around Kuala Lumpur.

Our first place was the infamous Sultan Abdul Samad building and the Merdeka square. From there, we walked to the Central Market for souvenier shopping and then we walked back to the Sultan Hishamuddin primary school, where I parked my beautiful NEO.

From there, we drove to the Islamic Art Museum so that while they admiring the Islamic civilisation, I could perform my Friday prayer at the nearby National Mosque. I showed them around the area, including the old train station before we made a move to a vegetarian restaurant in the Little India area as described in Claudia's travel book. We left Jalan Masjid India at about 4.30pm to return to Suria KLCC for coffee in order to kill time for the Skywalk.

As I about to leave them for my appointment with Rina, the rain came down heavily. I quickly SMSed Rina to suggest that we postpone or cancel 7pm date because I don't think I can be there by 7. In KL, heavy rain equals to massive traffic jam.

To my surprise, Rina agreed to cancel our date and suggested that we meet somewhere in Ampang for dinner. She even asked me to call Rikke, in case he has a good plan for us.

In view of the latest development, I decided to join my classmates for the Skywalk. This time around, there was a 7 or 8 minutes 3D film before the Skywalk. Is this thing new because the last time I went for my Skywalk, which was in 2005, there was none.













At night, I had a night out with close friends - Rikke, Rina, Fezal, Izal, Lara, Kak Sharifah, Chap, Ana, Kak Zana, Ana Baghdad and Harry.


I would like to thank Rikke for organising a makan-makan at a new hotpot called Intai-Intai. I don't know the exact location, but it's somewhere in Ampang. This place is run by Encik Baha yeap, the warden (is the title warden or something else) from the reality show, Akademi Fantasia but I cannot recall which season it was.

The place was beautiful, relaxing and spacious and the food was equally good and tasty too. I had a plate of seafood fried rice and a glass of watermelon juice. They even have jemput-jemput and murtabak diraja. You guys should gives it a try and trust me, the price is very reasonable.

Above all, I'm so thankful for the opportunity to meet Kak Ana after the two years of silence. And Kak Zana looked pretty as always.

It was a fun night, with great people at a nice place with good food.


1 comment:

finsterina said...

Hey Ron, U kenal Baha? yg baju Hitam putih tue..?
Use to work sekali dgn dia...he taught me too..