Wednesday 30 April 2008

AIM? Alahai...

I've been receiving a couple of reminders from my friends on what they claimed as my long overdue prediction of Anugerah Industri Muzik 15. Actually, there is a reason behind my ignorance of one of the biggest events in the Malaysian music scene, which is scheduled on this coming Saturday.

Let me put the record straight, I'm boycotting this year's AIM.

I don't deny that there were a few questionable nominations in the past, but this year's nomination is the all time worst! Almost all categories have nominees which had raised our, or at least my, eyebrows.

I understand that Anuar Zain's latest album was not a Malaysian production and therefore, disqualified for most of the categories. But, how about the Best Male Vocal Performance in an Album category? Well, they might say that the vocal arrangement and direction in the said album were done but non-Malaysian. Therefore, not qualified!


How about Aliff Aziz? Is he not a Singaporean? Oh... don't tell me he has a PR status.

If people make so much noise about Mila's name missing from at least two categories, namely, the Most Promising Artiste and the Best New Artiste, I'm more sadden to find out that AIM repeated that same mistake that they did to Nikki. This time, it's another talented artiste - Farah Asyikin.


And the funny thing is both Nikki and Farah Asyikin won the Best Artiste awards in the Anugerah Planet Muzik, which the panel of judges consists of big names in the music industry from Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. In fact, Anuar Zain had just won his first Best Male Artiste in this year's APM.

While they think they're smart by dropping the category for Best Duo/Group Vocal Performance in an Album, the decision to split the Best Musical Arrangement category into two categories based on language shows how weird their interpretation of music are. All this while, I've always thought that music is the universal language! Hmmm...

And poor Meet Uncle Hussein, because they lost the chance to repeat their winning as the Best New Group in the recent APM.

Some of you might say that I'm biased, but I really think that one of the tracks in Mawi's Satu Dalam Seribu deserves to be in the Best Song category. Or how about Bila Naik Saksi by Spider? In fact, Tam Spider's vocal is more deserving to be in the top 5 Male Vocal category than Aliff Aziz or Kaer, although I'm a big fan of Kaer.


Actually, I can go on and on for days on this, but I think I better stop now. It will only give more publicity to AIM, which I'm not in the mood to do so. Sorry, guys... NO prediction from this time and thank God I'm not in Malaysia right now. It makes more easier for me to continue with my boycott.

4 comments:

Mohd Jay Ishak said...

ala..aliff aziz kn cute...hehehehe...

tungkai said...

agree with you..AIM 15 sucks..!!!

Izuan Kunang-Kunang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Izuan Kunang-Kunang said...

SETUJU!! SETUJU!!

Sangat tak perlu ye kategori untuk lagu bukan dalam bahasa melayu sebab music adalah bahasa yang universal. Yang paling aku tak puas hati sekali adalah bila calon untuk vokal wanita terbaik, nama Liza Hanim tak dimasukkan, sebaliknya tiba-tiba muncul nama Karen Kok. Sapa Karen Kok tu?? Bagus sangat ke vocal dia kalau nak dibandingkan dengan pemenang Vocal Terbaik Juara Lagu tu?? Keji taw!! Liza Hanim menangis masa nama dia tak dicalonkan. Sedangkan salah seorang juri AIM adalah Ramli MS. Takkan Ramli MS tak tahu kot nak menilai vokal si Liza Hanim tu?? Aku harap that night dia akan buat persembahan supaya dia bole buka mata orang yang tak nampak bakat dia...

Tu belum kira lagi nama kategori paling panjang, Lagu Bahasa Melayu Terbaik Yang Dinyanyikan Oleh Artis Bukan Dari Malaysia something something...I'm like...WHAT THE HELL??

Seriously, AIM sucks!! And I believe this time Siti akan menang banyak (walaupun bukan la minat sangat dgn dia) sbb calon lain punya karya macam sucks,except Faizal Tahir dan Dayang (Go Dayang!!).