Tuesday 31 July 2007

Ops... They Did It Again!

"So what do you think?"

"I'm shocked!" I said to my housemate after he saw me reading the list. Yes, I really really upset with most of the categories, especially after I found out that Fatimah Abu Bakar was not in the Top 5 of the Best Supporting Actress category. Looking at the nominees, please allow me to conclude that the jury just can't accept under-acting because all five nominees employed the same class of acting, which is over-acting!

Was I watching a different film from the one watched by the jury? I find it very, very annoying, irratating and torturing watching Aznil with his interpretation of Dr. Klon. Hmmm...

And Pierre Andre for Best Actor category! Ya, Rabbi... Mohd Syafie Naswip is much more better than him.

And please don't make me go on with other categories. I thought I was quite impressed with the editing of Puaka Tebing Biru but unfortunately it's not being recognised by the jury. Instead, they nominated Jangan Pandang Belakang, which I was so disappointed, simply because the editing failed to make me scared or stimulate my appetite for spontaneous suspense.

You may call me biased, but I really think that Mukhsin's screenplay is much better than Tentang Bulan, Waris Jari Hantu and Sumolah. Don't we remember that something less is better?

Ya Rabbi... Ya Rasul... I better stop before I got too emotional!

No comments: