Wednesday 18 July 2007

An Open Letter to Mus The Great

My dearest ex-housemate,

I read your post dated 16 July 2007 with great interest. Well, to tell you the truth… I’ve heard this “complaint” before, and I feel very sorry to hear about your incompetent.

As for me, I live a beautiful life. I’ve a loving family as well as caring friends. I’ve hectic weekdays and productive weekends. Oh… not to forget “prolific adversaries and some constraints too!

It might be true that I might spend more during weekends than weekdays. But I totally believe it is like that because I choose it to be as such. In order for me to live an enjoyable life according to my own definition & interpretation, I want to go to cinema, maybe once a month. Similarly, I usually plan for a karaoke outing with friends once a month too. Or go for a quick climb @Bukit Tabuh, also once a month.

Other than that, I will stay at home, cleaning the house, watching DVDs, doing laundry or go down to the swimming pool and pretending that I’ve finished five laps! Go to Selera Utara for my lunches and dinners at the gerai near my Graha Residen.

Once a month or once in two months, I will join the Geng Keji or Geng Bank or Geng Fezal or Geng Kathy or Geng Melaka for “proper” outings.

And I see my parents every two or three months.

Should I complain? Yeah… buka pekung di dada about my ineptitude!!!

Well, my point is we’re all adult. And we lead our own lives. And I don’t think it is right to blame others for our inability to say NO!

If a productive weekend means lazing with your TTM at home, so be it. If a meaningful weekend equals to driving your housemate to all places, so by all means… do as you please. But please… don’t put blames on your other friends which are not as important as your TTM for burning a hole in your wallet.

Oh yeah… when was the last time we watched movie together?

My dearest ex-housemate… I think I hear more “I would love to join... but” than the total number of our karaoke sessions together. Am I right? Yes… I am.

No comments: