Tuesday 28 October 2008

"Ni rendang ke kari?"

Yeap, she threw me that question in front of her special friend and other friends of mine.

"Baru nak belajar masak-masak, kak."

I smiled and she smiled back to me.

Almost every of my friends know for sure that I am NO a good cook. And, thank God because of the existence of "healthy eating" culture, I have something as a scapegoat.

"Sayang... healthy eating does not mean eat tasteless food tau!

I called my mother to ask her why my rendang didn't produce similar smell as hers. Confidently, she said it may because of the coconut milk that I used in my rendang.

"Oh... tapi Along tak guna santan. Along guna susu!"

"Susu? Hmmm... susu tepung?" she asked me again.

Hesitantly, I said "Nope, soya milk".

"Ni masak untuk siapa ni? Untuk Along ke, kawan-kawan?"

Only one guest sincerely gave a thumb down for my rendang, but the rest happily said, "Okey lah" or to that effect. Or maybe they were, indeed, very sincerely.

To Ana, thank you for teaching me to cook edible pasta. Now I know how to cook something without the need to add salt or seasoning, and believe me... it was not tasteless. Hehehe, I hope so!

4 comments:

bencoolen80 said...

hmm teringin gak nak rasa rendang masak guna soya bean milk. revolusinier!!

looka80 said...

badril - mmg sedap lah that ayam rendang of urs. nak lagi leh x?

Mus The Great said...

best tu mmg best...tapi i kena sakit perot tau...maybe lepas bawak balik umah tu lupa nak masuk dlm peti sejuk dan panas kan...heheh

ukanera arenaku said...

kau sorang je yg sakit perut, mus. hmmm... sesuatu! hehehe