Friday 10 October 2008

Don't hate u sayang, just pity when u smoke.

So, i heard u got some belief against girls who smoke. Should i feel d heat? Does it taint my personality darling? :)

That is an SMS I received from one of my closest friends. My immediate reply was:
U heard it wrong syg. :) Nanti i post up my 2 cent on this issue. Have a safe journey home. C ya in KL.

This is a torny issue, at least to me. I used to fight with my father every time he smoked in his house. It was either ME or HIM to leave the dinner table or the living hall. Most of the time, it was ME because after awhile, he pretended he didn't hear a single word that came out from my mouth.

I regret all those lack of manners, and thank God, since 2001 he quit smoking for good due to health reasons. My youngest brother dropped that bad habit too, but not the man in the middle.

To put the record straight, I HATE the act of smoking. Not the person nor the gender of that person. I personally think smoking is HARAM. full stop.

I was wondering what makes girls smoke too.

In general, boys are stubborn. You can lecture them hundreds of hours on the negative effects of smoking, but like my own brother, it enters his right ear and comes out from his left ear.

And I personally think girls in general have a soft heart. Like most of my beautiful ladies in my family and my female friends, they are all PENYAYANG, sensitive and caring. Most of the time, they are the first one to be touched by the sufferings of others and very PEKA to side effects of everything. And most of them (I'm referring to the females that surround me), very receptive to "good" advice and very caring. They are the last person to hurt others. (I plead to my dearest friends, please... please... please... DO NOT SMOKE , at least, when Iman is around)

I just wonder, if the girls really know about the DANGER of smoking, why they still smoke?

Mungkin mereka tidak tahu, usik benakku.

8 comments:

reenazack said...

peer pressure sayang.. could be the main reason.. hehehe.. i'm not trying to justify my smoking but yeah, it is true that bad habits die hard..even though we know the consequence of it.

but u love me anyway right? ;p

looka80 said...

badril - i quit almost 2 yrs now. i did it..

Harris Shah Abd Hamid said...

peer pressure is oft quoted as a reason for smoking, especially among teenagers - who, in that stage of life, still in the process of creating an identity. On the other hand, what about peer pressure to NOT smoke?

Brecht said...

i HATE & despise smoking too, when i first met Brecht, he smoked, i told him off honestly that i dont date guys who smoked! he gv up immediately and never lit another cigarette since then. I am so proud of him; I am all against smoking Badril! Not healthy at all, bad to one's health and the environment and to those around u.....

tungkai said...

Oucchh....

hurul said...

most probably because smoking can make you kurus kot.. i have a female friend whom smoke to reduce weight. success!! sorry, i don't smoke.. but couldn't stop my hb to stop.

bencoolen80 said...

i had a bad feeling soon after my last puff ends everytime i smoke. Thank you for standing straight up on your feet, unwavering in defence of your ideals.

izal said...

the smokers know the importance and implication of smoking but u know, ppl like us, its hard to stop smoking.

I wanted to stop but i just cant help myself from the aroma of cigarettes...huhu..

will take note of yr advices..