Friday 31 October 2008

Colours of Kuala Lumpur

Today, on my way to work, the squatters along the STAR (I know it has a different name now, but I feel so convenient to stick to its old name) LRT route caught my eyes.

I wonder if this is what they called urban poor. Those crowded, dilapidated houses (if, we can call that rumah!) with no proper drainage and sewage system. And suddenly... my eyes caught something bizzare! Some of these houses have not one, but two air-cons!!! Even my apartment doesn't have one!

Not only that, some of them are ASTRO subscribers too.

Hmmm... am I an urban poor too?


p/s: Thanks, Uji for those kind words. Didn't know that you read my blog too.

2 comments:

looka80 said...

badril - u'd be surprised of what wld they have behind those closed doors. huhu.

Mus The Great said...

wowwww...i like what sham says...very profound and DEEP..hehhe