Sunday 10 February 2008

Oxford Trip 2008

I participated in another trip organised by the International Society and this time we went to the infamous city of Oxford, the birth place of the infamous University of Oxford, which according to my tour guide, top 5 universities in the world.

We departed from the University around 8.30am and arrived safely in Oxford around 12.00pm. Yeah, what a journey! I was seated next to a super quiet guy from Italy and in front me was a fellow Malaysian, Joyce. She greeted me upon seeing my reading GuiT (Growing Up In Trengganu) by Awang Groneng or Uncle Wan Hulaimi.

"Rindu ke? Are you from Trengganu? Is it any good?"
"Would love to say that but I'm from Melaka. I'm still at page 45, so can't give you accurate review, but I was told that the book was No.1 for several weeks at MPH."

Well, we didn't talk so much after that, because (1) we were seating on different seats; and (2) I was kind of sleepy, so I spent most of my journey time in sleep. When I was awake, I helped myself listening to sayup-sayup music from "neighbour". He has a tasteful song selection - I Will Always Love You, I Will Survive, Raining Men, Black or White, among others. I don't know, may be he put the volume at 9 or 10, because I can listen the music too!

My first destination upon arriving in Oxford was the Ashmolean Museum, a museum which focusing on art and archaeology. After I got tired with the usual stuff from the Roman and Egyptian worlds, I checked out its sourvenier shop and performed my routine purchase - fridge magnet!

Since I've ample time for the scheduled guided tour, I entered Sainsbury's Local for a couple of Danish to supplement my lunch that I brought from home. This is because I thought lunch will be expensive in Oxford, but it turned out that goods and services in the city was reasonably priced.

During the guided tour, I had the experienced to visit three colleges, namely Christ Church, Melton College and the New College. Based on my brief observation, the buildings here are largely influenced by Gothic style. Man... Oxford people must be greatly in love with Gothic!
According to my guide, similar to University of Cambridge, this university has a long history of unfavourable treatment towards female students too. If you guys are interested to find out more, please send me an email, okay...
And I make new friends - Aylin from Turkey, Arslan from Iran and Aziz from Tajikistan.

Now, let me share with you some pictures taken during my trip to Oxford:


12 comments:

Zetty said...

wahhh...makin pandai ambik gambar la. bila nak beli DSLR pulak hehe.

izal said...

nice place, nice pics....everything looks so nice over there...mmmm

Unknown said...

Cambridge laaagi chanteque.... next time, meh sinih, tour cambridge..pastuh boleh naik bot ala ala gondola sekals!

Last & first time I went to Oxford was 1994 *gasp*

Mus The Great said...

I nak jadi student!!i nak jadi student balik!..menci!!!

Wadi: said...

Wow, Oxford is so majestic. I could not compare Oxford to Cambridge yet as I have not visited that another Uni :) Nevertheless, I am planning to visit Oxford on July 2008. Hope we coul dmeet up! Cheers

tungkai said...

Wuihh...jelesnya gue.. -_-

reenazack said...

bestnyer!! now i am really green with envy..huhuhu..

fmac said...

all the buildings look alike...cant tell the difference..hehehe

Unknown said...

Ron, ja tanya nape ko nampak gelap? hehe... Nway, i just can't stop adoring the ancient buildings..Bila la aku nak smpi sana ek?

Unknown said...

Hi Aaron,
Fantastic pics...more classy with you standing as a model..bravo...show us more of your collection.....love-Kak Ana

looka80 said...

beautiful pictures dude! cool stuff..

AJ said...

Jeles la mcm nie.....ko nie pi study ke berjalan pakcik? menci tau...bile la aku nak ke sana kan....telan ayerliur jela...