Tuesday 19 February 2008

Another Weekend in Cricklewood, London

I've safely returned to Manchester yesterday afternoon about at 2 pm. After a tiring but worthwhilely awesome weekend, I had another long day yesterday. Got class at 3 pm and group discussion at 6 pm. I returned to my room at about 8.45 pm. I was not in the mood to cook neither to eat dinner, so I just spent my night uploading some pictures that I took in London using my aging Sony Ericsson walkman, checking my emails, messages on my social networking sites and enjoying lidah buaya that my mother sent here through Wan.

Okay guys, I'm not the mood for writing (due to several personal and academic reasons), so allow me to share with you some of the pictures I took last weekend. Will try to jot down description on some of these pictures to facilitate your viewing pleasure. Enjoy...

Two pictures taken from Tesco in Brent Cross: the first one is the Kosher food section and the second one is the self-service counter (I hope Tesco will introduce this in Malaysia soon). Give the customers the option to skip those stone-faced cashiers.

Next are pictures at the rewang session, attended by close friends to help out with the necessary preparations.

Uncle Azmi flew all the way from Kuala Lumpur


The bride, Nurul was showing off her skill, meracik pandan leaves


The bride's cousin was peeling the gingers' skin off


The bride's brother, Fauzi with Rashidah (just embraced Islam that Saturday afternoon and the groom, Wan


Two cute kids, one is Aunty Ani's daughter, and unfortunately I didn't who the boy is

It was a triple joys - a wedding and two birthdays:

6 comments:

bencoolen80 said...

Haron sapa yg nikah ni? anak Awang Goneng ke? Mana daat daun sireh ngan pandan tu? import dr Malaysia ke?. Sorry la byk tanya, i got excited pasal benda kenduri kendara ni..

izal said...

traditional malay wedding in manchester??? sounds interesting...u shud do that now!...u only left few months!! hurry up...

2678 said...

busy betul weekend ko ek? btw, lidah buaya tu apa? yg aku tau aloe vera tu je.. tapi, takkan lah ko makan aloe vera pulak kan?

ps: panjang dah rambut hang! proof how long it's been since ko gi sana! tak rindu keje ker? kahkahkah!!!

Zetty said...

mana pix pengantin bersanding?

sare @ syah said...

haron, sanding dalam rumah ke? ada pasang khemah tak? hehe.

ukanera arenaku said...

geli-geli & buas-buas:
my cousin, nurul. nope but Awang Goneng and his family were there, helped out with all the preparation. his daughter did henna painting on the bride's hands

izal:
the wedding was in london lah! hehehe

sue:
lidah buaya tu sejenis kuih

zetty:
gambar sanding? hmmm... tak sempat ambil sbb camera phone dah penuh.

yeah, sanding dalam rumah. but there was a "balai" outside for people to santap