Sunday 24 February 2008

Hooray... Hooray!!

So many things I want to write but I don't know how and where to start. Since I have so many things to do today, I think I just write about two things today (and tomorrow is my mother's birthday!).

The One We Called Pilihanraya
First, the Election 2008. For the first time, I'm more eager with the US Election than the General Election back home. In fact, I even created a group on facebook which is called Asians for Obama. Well, what can I say is I'm not alone. As to date, the group has 28 members!



So, why I'm not that interested with local politics at this point of time? I'm sorry to say that I believe some of those who are running back home are a bunch of stupid and arrogant opportunists. They say one thing, but do another thing. Most of them are lacking of credible principles.



I tried to search for Barisan Nasional manifesto, but was to no avail. Nevertheless, I found the manifestos by PKR and PAS. I guess I better spend my time reading Obama's and Clinton's manifestos then.

My two cent to my family and friends who will be voting on 8 March 2008, use your vote wisely and don't take things for granted. Please vote out the racists, sexists and Islamophobics.

It's Oscar time
Enough about politics, it's now time for Oscar. After so much drama from the Writers' Strike, the Academy Award will be broadcasted live from LA tonight. Normally, I will try my best to join my housemate(s) to watch the live telecast on Monday morning. Which means, I have to take a half day leave, if not a full day leave.


But this time around, I will be watching it online in my cozy room in Manchester. I don't want to take the risk of watching it in the common room because the tv set there is very, very unreliable. The last time I checked, it only has BBC and some Middle Eastern channels. Not even the local, Mchannel.

Well, let get down to business - my prediction for this year's Academy Award winners. And the oscar goes to...

Best Film
will win: No Country For Old Men
should win: There Will Be Blood

Best Director
will win: Joel Coen and Ethan Coen for No Country for Old Men
should win: Julian Schnabel for The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Best Actor
will win: Daniel Day-Lewis for There Will Be Blood
should win: Daniel Day-Lewis for There Will Be Blood

Best Actress
will win: Julie Christie for Away from Her
should win: Marion Cotillard for La Vie en Rose

Best Supporting Actor
will win: Javier Bardem for No Country for Old Men
should win: Javier Bardem for No Country for Old Men

Best Supporting Actress
will win: Cate Blanchett for I'm Not There
should win: Cate Blanchett for I'm Not There

Best Original Screenplay
will win: Diablo Cody for Juno
should win: Diablo Cody for Juno

Best Adapted Screenplay
will win: Joel Coen & Ethan Coen for No Country for Old Men
should win: Ronald Harwood for The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Best Cinematography
will win: Robert Elswit for There Will Be Blood
should win: Robert Elswit for There Will Be Blood

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Cate Blanchettt!! Always Cate!!! :) Elizabeth :)**matilaa RaTu eLEEzabEth

Mus The Great said...

i wish Atonement menang!.....uhuk! uhuk!

sare @ syah said...

there will be blood mmg best!!!! 5 bintang!

looka80 said...

i wish i know who are the acadamy nominees this year. arghh..!

izal said...

will definitely vote for the opposition...huhu...

tungkai said...

I will vote parti pinggan mangkuk..hahahha

ukanera arenaku said...

lee_novotny:
she's really a character actor!

mus:
there will be blood is awesome too!

sare_reyes:
i second that.

sham:
y didn't u?

izal & tungkai:
:)
change we can believe in (ciplak from Obama)