Monday 13 June 2011

Project KUNTUM

Alhamdulillah, I had an opportunity to participate in a noble activity organised by BNM Volunteers last weekend. When Caain't called me three weeks earlier, I said to myself I just cannot say NO to his invitation. The time was right and it is the right cause too. Although he had a couple of times invited me for Project TEKAD a few years, I guess the timing was always God-send excuse.

This inaugural summer-camp kinda project was aimed at form 1 and form 2 students from the low income families. From what I heard, the programme was initially planned for students from rural areas in Selangor. However, due to some logistics issues, it found a new target group. Those bright girls at Tunku Khurshiah College whose family's income is less than RM1000. Yes, not all girls in TKC are from rich families, like what some of us might think.







It started on friday night and finished on sunday afternoon. Throughout the programme, the girls (and they are called champions) were divided into six groups, namely, Wonderpets, Yakuza, Galaxy, Celebtop, X and Y. Each group has two coaches. Wani and I were given the Wonderpets - five beautiful and smart champions.



It was fun to be around these smart girls. Good luck in your studies. Do keep in touch!

No comments: