Thursday 13 March 2008

Pengumuman! Announcement!

In less than 72 hours, my class and I will be flying to Singapore for a four-day field trip. This field trip is part of the Master degree program, which aimed at learning the practical experience of a developing country in undertaking its national developmental agenda.

This field trip has courted so many controversies and dramas, as majority of the students questioned the appropriateness of Singapore being picked as the case study. Some argue that Singapore is too unique to be applied to other countries due to her size, population, historical background and political and economical conditions. Others claim that Singapore is not even a developing country to start with.

I've to admit that I was a bit disappointed when I first found out that our program is going to Singapore. Well, I've nothing against Singapore, but I was hoping to go to Latin American countries or South Africa because I believe these countries might have similar conditions as Malaysia and it would be more interesting to learn more about them.

In fact, when I was looking around for a suitable micro finance institution to be assessed for my coursework last semester, I looked high and low to find a MFI in these countries, but unfortunately I was made handicapped by the language barrier. Most of their websites have limited, if not NO at all, information in English.

Coming back to the field trip to Singapore, I have a feeling that our class will have more to learn if we come to Malaysia instead!

Anyhow, looking from another perspective, at least I get to go home free. Well, not 100% free, since the school disallowed us to alter the return flight ticket. In that case, I've to purchase a new ticket to fly back to England, which I did and, insya-Allah will be flying home on Sri Lankan Airlines flight. That's the cheapest that I can get and it includes an overnight in Colombo!

I don't think I will post any updates for the next two or three days, until I've settled down in Singapore. Oh, by the way, my classmates and I will be staying at the Executive Club in the Nanyang Technological University from 16 to 20 March 2008.

While the other 44 students plus five or six academicians will be flying home on the early morning of the 21 March 2008, five of my classmates and I will be extending our stay for another 10 days. The five of them will be taking train to Kota Bahru before riding a speedboat to Pulau Perhentian, I on the other hand, will be taking coach to Melaka to visit my parents. Insya-Allah, will also visit some of my relatives who I missed the funerals of their beloved ones. I will only be in Kuala Lumpur on the next weekdays, before meeting my classmates there and bringing them to Melaka for an enjoyable weekend, insya-Allah.

Guys... if you would like to meet me in Melaka or in Kuala Lumpur for whatsoever reasons, please send me an email or SMS. I will try my best to accommodate such requests in between of running for errands like appointments with my dentist and GP, meetings with my Deputy Director regarding my research, lecturing the management company of my apartment on professionalism and mannerism, and last but not least, filing for my income tax!

And syyyyhhh.... three birthday surprises for two boys and one girl.

Now, please allow me to continue packing my luggage with all those barang2-kiriman-kawan2-yang-mengirim-dengan-air-liur-sahaja.

Ja mata!

6 comments:

Mus The Great said...

"Now, please allow me to continue packing with my luggage with all barangs-kiriman-kawan2-yang-mengirim-dengan-air-liur-sahaja thingy."

simply HIL.A.RIOUS!!!!...HAHAHA

reenazack said...

dear,
is that my hrc t-shirt? if it is, let me know the price n ur account no. so i can transfer the money immediately..

loves,
one of the friend who might be kirim barang dgn air liur sahaja..hehehehe

Zetty said...

keji statement yg last tu! hahaha.

izal said...

tak sabar nak jumpa kau....miss u a lot my fren....

Unknown said...

have a nice field trip!!!! At least S'pore lah kan.... bukan Baghdad!!! Mrasa!

Brecht said...

wah bestnye! i wish i was one of your classmate, boleh balik kampong sesama = ) enjoy, hv fun anf gd luck with the field trip!
Hugs for a gd weekend.