Monday 17 March 2008

Hello Merlion!

Alhamdulillah, I've safely arrived in Singapore last night at about 10.30 pm. So far, Singapore is as efficient as the last time I visited her in 1998. May be the Custome and Immigration Department else where (specially in United Kingdom and Malaysia) could organise a fieldwork or lawatan sambil bekerja as it called by PAS to learn how efficient their counterpart in Singapore are.

Another quick and limited observation at the Changi International Airport, in general the stewardesses looked less glamourous as their counterparts observed at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

I will write more about my Singapore fieldtrip at the end of each day so that I may adequately make current and spontaneous observation. Until then, let me share with you some pictures that I took on the day before I arrived in Singapore.



This picture is taken in front of my flat. And I suspect it's a funeral of a person with considerate wealth, or at least the deceased has a wealthy family. But I was wondering why there were two caskets. One is in the black car and another one was pulled by the two horses. Were there two dead bodies?

This reminds me how excited I was during my childhood time every time I heard the sound of "dung dung ceh, dung dung ceh!" My two sisters and I will run to our compound and wait for the lori mayat to pass by which followed by a big and loud entourage. Some played musical instruments, some wore special attire made of sacks and walking with sad faces. While one or two threw away rectangular yellowish papers with chinese character, a couple of young boys carried sugarcanes which were tied with red cloth.

Do they still do this in Melaka?



The above picture was the dinner served on the Emirates, and the picture below was the lunch. I personally think that in terms of food, MAS and SIA serve the best and the tastiest food on board. However, in terms of service, MAS stewardesses are the best and no wonder they keep winning the World's Best Cabin crew for seven years in a row. Emirates' was just at par with JAL and BA but uncomparable with MAS and SIA.



I was so shocked to found that a British lady was doing this in the same flight that I was in. Well, no manners are now officially applies on British too!


5 comments:

Zetty said...

hey bebeh!!
Welcome home...sort of.
hehe.

izal said...

kurang ajaq punye matsalleh...ko jirus jer dgn air bagi dia sedar sikit...

Kay@Driyz said...

shit...this is beyond acceptable!!!!!

sare @ syah said...

i think emirates food are ok. but BA are just plain suck, esp their vegeterian food. yuck!

mat salleh pun takde kesedaran sivik. hehe.

ukanera arenaku said...

zetty:
thanks, dear

izal, kay@driyz & sare_reyes:
but the lady in person is very soft spoken and courteous! i was totally shocked to see her did that!