Sunday 19 August 2007

I think I've an idea how hard it is to give birth!

(Picture was taken from Wikipedia)



My team and I are working really, really hard (not to mention extra hours) to complete the development of a new online system. It really tested my thinning patience.

After the vendor has rectified this error, that error popped up. Addressed that error, another two errors appeared. Oh, my God... it was like a never ending story. And I'm really, really tired!

A friend of mine said why must I still involved in this project, when my flying date is just around the corner!

I hope I can just drop everything and concentrate on my preparation to restart a life as a student. But this project is so close to my heart and I really hope that I can safely and successfully deliver this baby. And then, I can confidently and comfortably let other to nursing it.

I arrived home slightly 5 minutes after midnight last Friday (Saturday? Friday? Saturday whatever lah) and no one at home. I guess both of my housemates slept at their families'. I quickly cleaned myself, sent a couple of SMSes to my friends (including to my Bukit Tabuh buddies) and straight jumped onto my bed. I slept like a baby until my alarm "screamed" at 5 something in the morning.

I made my bed, got myself a quick shower, performed my salat and quickly did my laundry. While waiting for my laundry, I cleaned the house and fed my fish.

By 9.00 am, I've already in the office, excitedly testing the system for countless times. Minutes later, my boss and another colleague of mine joined me scrutinised this yet to be born baby!

"Do you want caesar?" I said to my boss.
She quickly said "Nope. Normal."
I replied, "Push harder, then."

Luckily, she has time a stupid joke! Ya Rabbi... susahnya! Ops... penatnya!



p/s: Went to Hisyam's reception in PJ with Fezal & Mus this afternoon but can't stay long because I got text from my boss to quickly come to the office.

No comments: