Wednesday 23 February 2011

Kad Kredit

Semenjak Kerajaan mengenakan cukai RM50 ke atas setiap kad kredit yang dipegang oleh setiap rakyat Malaysia, aku telah membatalkan dua daripada tiga kad kredit yang aku guna/pegang selama ini. Dan aku masih lagi tertanya-tanya, kenapa dikenakan cukai RM50 ini ke atas SETIAP kad kredit.

Is the message to discourage credit card debts? Why not impose the tax on the second card onwards?

Frankly speaking, the reason why I use credit card, instead of debit card is because of the 0% easy payment scheme that offered by the credit card issuers. Previously, another reason was the reward points for each transaction paid using the credit. But now, debit card has this feature too.

Not that I'm promoting debt (although there are good debts, bad debts), but this facility to some extent helps to improve cashflow, especially during crucial months such as festive seasons or 'buka sekolah' time. In my case, when I feel like rewarding myself with one or two big purchase. Why should I pay lump sum, if I could pay on monthly installments at no additional cost? In fact, I could earn hibah or profit if I invest a portion of the fund in savings or Islamic FD account! :)

Yesterday, I received a small package from a foreign bank. Ya, betul. Satu lagi kad kredit untuk aku.

Sebenarnya aku terpujuk untuk memohonnya apabila jurujualnya meminta aku membantu dia untuk memenuhi kuota yang diperlukan untuk bulan ini.

"Bolehlah bang, untuk saya achieve target saja. Nanti kalau abang tak nak guna, abang boleh cancel saja."

Out of kasihan kot, aku pun signed up for the card.

Dan sekarang aku pun sudah dapat kad kredit tersebut. Dan aku dapat rasakan bahawa aku takkan menggunakan kad tersebut.

So should I cancel it now or wait until one year since the bank already paid the RM50 tax for me for first year? Oh my... I've forgot to put down my signature at the back of the card!!!

2 comments:

Mya said...

pilihan di tangan anda :)

ukanera arenaku said...

there is no harm is keeping the card for a year, rite? hehehe.