Sunday 16 May 2010

A beautiful Sunday

When I woke up this morning, I knew it's going to be a good day. Yes, a very good day. Althought I cannot explain how it's going to be a good day, but my gut feel tells me it will be a good one.

And it turned out to an efficient one.

I did my laundry, not one but two times and the time was not even 9.00 am. Not only that, I managed to fold my kain baju and swept the whole apartment too. After a good shower (plus cleaning my bathroom) and a simple breakfast, I went out to send my working shirts for ironing at the nearby Kedai Dobi.

"Encik boleh ambil malam ini ataupun esok pagi."

Wah, efisiennya. Selalunya dua hari, detik hatiku. (Hehehe, macam cerpen lah pulak!)

Since my feel good mood continued to carry on, I decided to send my NEO for a wash in Pandan Jaya. While waiting, I strolled along the shoplots and a small Indian barber shop caught my eyes. Yeap, I need a haircut too.

"Potong macam mana?"
"Pendek."
"Atas?"
Pendek."
"Tepi?"
Pendek."
"Belakang?"
"Pendek."

Muthu nodded and started to play with my head. At about 15 minutes, he shouted, "Okeykah, abang?"

Wow! He too has become efficient. I gave him a smile and a thumb up, plus a RM10 note.

"Terima kasih."

I've done this and that, and guess what, the clock has yet to hit 11.00 am!!!

Wow, I was really impressed with my day so far. I definitely have to agree with my gut feeling that today is going to be a good day. I picked up my NEO and drove to the nearby foodstall to have a proper breakfast. Well, brunch actually. I also took the opportunity to read the paper.

At about 5 minutes to 12, suddenly my handphone was ringing and it was my sister, Niza.

"Happy birthday, Along!"

Oh, my... patutlah!

On this beautiful sunday, I would like to thank my family and friends for their wishes and doa. Terima kasih daun keladi.

And Happy Teacher's Day to all my teachers (from Tabika Bachang, SRK Tengkera 1, Sekolah Tinggi Melaka, SM Sains Muar, Kolej MARA Banting and University of Manchester), my beloved mother and my late grandfather, Cikgu Jaafar. Kamu lilin-lilinku.

No comments: