Thursday 8 May 2008

Hi! I'm a Sainsbury's basics guy.

Those of you who are not living in UK might feel a bit clueless with the title of this post. Nevertheless, those who had the experience living under the same roof with me, like Mus or Ijan, or close friends like Fezal, might have noticed this before. And of course, my beloved family, including my aunt and my cousin, Nurul, who on several occassions had advised me to pamper myself a bit more and be less stingy.

Does this picture do any help? Hehehe


I don't know when and how I picked this habit up, but I can't resist myself from buying, not only own-brand products but the lowest end (read: cheapest) of own-brand products.

Wait a minute... I guess I must have picked this trait up when I started to shop at Carrefour way back in 2003. I think I can blame Fezal for driving me to the Carrefour stores, be it the one in Wangsa Maju or in Maluri.

But the funny thing is Fezal didn't buy the things that I bought. I bought, for instance, Carrefour's own-brand detergent which only cost less than RM7. A saving of RM5, if I were to buy my usual detergent i.e. KAO Attack! And I save another ringgit by buying own-brand biscuit.

My "obssession" was further supported by the opening of Tesco Ampang, which is really "sepelaung" from my rented flat. Moreover, with the arrival of my beautiful NEO into my life made every thing more smooth and less painful. It was painful because my "obbsession" had caught the attention of Fezal and Mus. Therefore, by going shopping alone, I will be spared from their teasing eyes.

I even bought Tesco 250g toothpaste, which is only RM2.99 instead of my usual FreshWhite, which costs me almost RM2 more. My list of own-brand products beginning to grow even longer - facial tissue, juices, bed linen, etc.

And another funny thing is I only buy these products for no one but myself. Hmmm...

Now, although I shop at different hypermarket i.e. Sainsbury's but I still buy its own-brand products. I even bought the Sainsbury's health supplements and paracetamol! I guess I never change and remain true to myself.

7 comments:

Kay@Driyz said...

maybe i shud try tat also...

tungkai said...

Haa...bagus bagus..Tak payah yang branded2 objektifnya sama aje..

Zetty said...

untung sapa jadik bini kau, lakinya jenis berjimat kehkehkeh.

izal said...

i always spent the in-house brand @ tesco..its much more cheaper..agree with tungkai, the objective is the same...but if i were to buy clothes, that wud be different!!..heheh

sare @ syah said...

wah sama le kita. dulu masa kat uk memang aku akan beli brand sainsbury punye, esp. yg economy pack...mmg murah giler beb.

tp bile kat mesia ni, jarang lak beli brand tesco ke pe ke. hehe.

Alex Madina said...

x kisah pon. sainsbury, asda, lidl, aldi, morrison, cost cutter, woolworth, poundland, tesco..... asal dapat beli denagn bajet yg kita mampu.

ukanera arenaku said...

kay & tungkai:
you guys should try too! baik untuk ekonomi negara dan ekonomi diri sendiri.

zetty:
untung ke, merana? hehehe

izal:
yeap, saving for some importantly pricey things.

sare_reyes:
why u stop, bro?

alex:
yeap, setuju.