Friday 4 January 2008

Where are you now?

Every time I use facebook, the same question comes to my mind again and again. I was wondering where my old friends are right now. When I say old friends, I really mean old friends. Friends from my kindergarden and primary schools.

Well, I think I've no trouble to find out old friends from Tabika (a.k.a Taman Bimbingan Kanak-Kanak) KEMAS Pasir Puteh, class 1982 because most of them live not far from my parents' house. One more thing, in case you guys were wondering, I spent a gap year home in 1983 because I was too demotivated to write, read, sing, paint and play the same thing since I first joined the kindergarden in late 1980 at the age of 3 (plus).

The same thing with my friends from Pasir Puteh Islamic Primary School (PPIPS... please extra careful when you pronounce it)which I attended a few hours after my national primary school, every school day since 1987 to 1989. Most of them still live within a stone throw away from my parents' place. In fact, I still in regular contact with a couple of them like Rezuan, Ezlin, Normimi, Mohd Azri, Rosley and Anizah.

However, I'm totally lost my contact with my friends from Tengkera English School (TES), which later renamed as Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Tengkera (1). I found one on myspace last year which has been so kind to invite me to his wedding, just a few days after I've safely arrived here. From him, I found out about our ketua darjah, who is happily married and live in Melaka.


How about others? Gan Chew Boon, Chong Kim Leong, Tan Jin Tuan, Mat Nawi, Mohamad Rishidi, Kenny Soh, just to name a few of them. Where are you now?

I met Tan Jin Tuan once, when he came to my high school for a badminton tournament. From what our school player told me, he's playing for the state of Melaka for a couple of years. I really, really would like to get in touch with him. Besides catching up with our versions of life after TES, would like to refresh each other memories spent during TES days, which among others, include our traumatised visits to the school dental clinic and of course, our glory days in both galah panjang and lawan sifir. Talking about lawan sifir, apa khabar all my old teachers - Mrs. Simpson, Mr. Chong, Puan Siti Khaminah, Mr. Vellu, Mr. Low, Puan Fatimah, Mrs. Muthiah and Mrs. Too?

Now is 2008. What am I doing, thinking of people from my 1980s? Is this a sign of loneliness? You tell me!

1 comment:

Zetty said...

piiiiiiiiiiiiipppsss!!