Thursday 17 January 2008

P.S. I Love You


I wish when my ex and I broke up about 7 years ago, I've had received similar letters like what Holly had received from Gerry. I wish I wouldn't have wasted about five years sticking to what I've already lost. I really, really took a long time to move on!

I did not watch the Kite Runner because we missed the show at 7.00 pm and I can't wait for the next show which was scheduled at 9.30pm. It will be too late for me to reach home before 12.00 am. Don't you remember that I'm staying at my aunt's place, therefore, I have to behave accordingly. Hehehe, I still feel like the well-natured teenager nephew that I used to be years ago.

Although the film did not get good reviews from the critics, I did enjoy watch it. I don't know whether or not it's a good movie or because of there were three of my favourite actresses in it - Hillary Swank, Lisa Kudrow and Kathy Bates. It's about a widow who received letters from her dead husband, which intended to boast her enthusiasm to move on and find a new love. I can't remember when was the last time I watched a similar film with a simple story with simple acting. And I'm so passionate about films with strong female characters and don't ask me about the actors because I don't recognise any of them.

Let me be specific why I like this movie. I'm sure some of my film buddies like Mus, Fezal and Ju can certify my tendency for films which highlighting human relationship. Although I don't fancy love story as much as these three people, but love is always a bigger (read: significant) subset of human relationship. I also cherish stories on relationship between a father and a son such as Kaki Bakar, The Wedding Banquet, Colors of Heaven.

P.S. I Love You reaffirms the open secret about missing someone when he or she disappeared for good. It is one of those films which remind me on how to feel happy or sad, angry or love to our beloved ones. Although they might have some shortcomings, but these shortcomings come with purpose. They gave me the good feeling to have some strengths. And I'm sure my weaknesses are to give them confidence that they too have strengths. Aren't God Great?

Oh, God... why didn't I get those letters.

4 comments:

Mus The Great said...

I really wanted to see that movie...tapi blom kuar kat mesia lagi...hihi

Zetty said...

what do u mean u didnt get that letter? Kan i selitkan bawah pintu bilik u dulu.

ukanera arenaku said...

mus:
not that grand lah... but I like said before a feel good movie.

zetty:
i'm sure Mus dah sabotaj surat tu. hehehe.

ukanera arenaku said...
This comment has been removed by the author.