Monday 25 June 2012

Al-fatihah Buat Arwah Puan Fatimah Daud

I've just received an SMS from my dear friend, Mus to inform that his beloved mother has passed away peacefully at 8.45pm.

The text came in as I was driving to meet friends for dinner. I read the message at the traffic light, opposite Dahlia Apartment in Pandan Indah and my hands started to shake since then. My heart was pumping fast, but I was not sure whether it was due to the shocking news or the guilt. Oh, my... Faizal and I were already planning to visit her this weekend, but I guess it's time for she to meet her Creator.

I still remember the first time I met Puan Fatimah Daud, away back in 1993 when she came to Sekolah Menengah Sains Muar with her youngest son with lavish food for her eldest son. Lucky me and Che Tong, we were invited to enjoy the feast, and the thing that I still remember until today is the generous fried chicken!

If I'm not mistaken, we met again twice since then. The second one when I went to Kulai to attend her daughter's wedding and the last one was very brief, in 2006, when she came to Kuala Lumpur for a family shortbreak.

I know little much about her, but one thing that the two of us have in common is we are big fans of Ogy Ahmad Daud! But she loved soap operas, which is a big NO to me. [Pelik kan, suka Ogy tetapi tak suka soap opera.]

I know how close Mus is to her mother and I cannot imagine the pain that he's currently enduring for this big loss. Without doubt, she will be greatly missed by her family.

On behalf of myself and my family, I would like to express our heartfelt condolence to Mus and his family for the passing of their beloved mother. Stay strong and say lots of prayers and doas for her. May Allah forgive all her sin, blessed her soul and place her amongst His believers.

Al-fatihah.


No comments: