Tuesday 7 July 2009

Mabuhay!

Alhamdulillah, I've safely arrived in Manila this afternoon at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport around 3.30pm local time. Not a vacation, but I'm attending a study trip to learn more on agriculture financing.

Manila reminds of Jakarta. Crowded.

Have yet to explore the whole city, but the organiser brought us to San Miguel for dinner. The bay is opposite to one of the biggest shopping mall in Asia, called Mall of Asia.

Darwin, a local participant joked to me, "sounds like Malaysia, rite?" I gave him a plastik smile. Terukkan aku ni, orang tu cuma nak bergurau. Hehehe...

I sent a text to my mother to inform her that I'm safe and sound, and guess what reply I got from her....

"Jangan lupa pakai mask! And please avoid crowded places."

Sayang betul Mak kat aku ya. Love you, Mak!

Besides the local participants, the foreigners are three Indians and three Nepalis. And again, I'm the youngest among them.

Okay, I need to go to bed early so that I could have a short jogging, circling my hotel. Till then, be safe, friends.

2 comments:

Mya said...

i pun sayang u jugak! take care, dear..

looka80 said...

badril - hv fun and enjoy ur business trip ya.